on 15 April 2013
This book is massive in size, photos and entertaining content. It is 400+ pages of wonderful photos and stories of his trip. I would recommend this to anyone, whether they ride motorcycles or not. It has inspired my husband and I to take a similar trip but by car rather than motorcycle.
on 15 May 2013
I am planning a road trip around America myself and heard this book is full of good ideas about where to go and what to see. That advice was spot-on as the book is full of maps, routes to take, great colour pictures and places to see. What surprised me was the scale of the book – it is large format and at over 400 pages, it is crammed full of wonderful photographs. Both a road trip story and a guide book, we are now planning our own trip using this wonderful book as our way of deciding where to go. It is well worth the money!
on 20 May 2014
Gary France in America - Gary has captured the essence of what it is like touring on a motorcycle , not just the places and people he visited but the fun he had while doing so! It was a long held ambition of his (and mine) to have a big Harley adventure across some of the US states and he has given many fellow riders inspiration to go and have your own two wheel trip of a lifetime . The large format has allowed for some awesome photos as well , a great read!
on 4 December 2013
A substantial piece of literature in both dimension and content. I have read many motorcycle publications however Gary France's " France in America" was an absolute joy to read with superb photoshots ( even though he claims not to be a photographer). The illustrations are well placed alongside the relevant text and the whole journey is laid out State by State across America, making it an easy read to stop and start; although I found it both entertaining and interesting and hard to put down ( except when my arms got tired). The reading experience was further enhanced with the online video clips taken by Gary during his trip. The second reading(you will read it again), I enjoyed watching the videos at the relevant chapters in the book. This journey took a lot of planning and a lot of guts to undertake on one's own...well done Gary; your book has provided me with many hours of pleasure. Really down to earth and full of useful information.
There is a potential downside however. You'll be envious and wish you had been on the trip with him and, like me, will start making plans...even to ride/drive some of it.
on 5 December 2013
I am planning my own life long ambition to ride across America on my Harley Davidson and Gary's book could not have been published at a better time. His book is incredibly informative, and if you read it along with his blog and his website accompanying videos showing many of the routes he took whilst riding across the States, it makes for a wonderful interactive travel experience. Gary is the first to admit he is not a professional writer or photographer - but don't believe it, he's just being very modest! The book is wonderfully produced, well written and offers many stunning photographs. For sure it comes in 'coffee table' size format but that is why the pictures and text come to life as you read and view your way across the real America. Even if you are not a motorcyclist, but just have a keen interest in discovering the natural beauty of America, its people and its customs, this book is also for you. If you are a biker and you plan to ride in Amercia Gary's book is the best reference guide you could possible purchase.
on 11 February 2014
I hopefully will be touring the states in a couple of years for about 6 months. After era searching guides I found this book, after reading it twice I am going to use this as my bible.
The book itself is a mixture of useful touring tips, funny stories and wonderful pictures that will wet any bodies appetite if you are into bikes.
Go on get one!!!
on 5 January 2014
I bought this for my Dad for his birthday and was ecstatic.
Great range of pictures and information for any motorbike or traveling enthusiast.
Not only did this make my Dad very happy, but excellent delivery service and kept in touch with despatch dates.

Very happy overall!
on 19 January 2014
Bought this book to give me an idea for riding a Harley Davidson in the US and it certainly does that and more!
The pictures are great accompanied by a written commentary which makes you feel you're actually riding the same trip alongside with Gary.
As each page of the book turns and you work you're way from state to state across America you're just in complete awe of the experience that Gary has had, the ride, the scenery, the people he's met (most of it by chance). If I had the money, I would certainly like to ride a similar route and Gary has relayed these memories in his book with great compassion.
I'm due to ride Route 66 this year and I hope to read it again before I go. Highly recommended and I've always refer my biker friends to get a read, however they need to buy their own, mine's not for lending... Enjoy, I certainly have.
on 2 January 2014
I have been given this book as a gift for Christmas, and what an excellent read it is, i have done a couple of trips to the USA on a Harley, but nothing like Gary's odyssey. This book encapsulates all that is good and fascinating about America, the big cities and especially small town America, the huge scenery, and the strange and peculiar.
This book will fire up all the ambitions and enthusiasm of many bikers or car drivers who have been sitting at home thinking about the big road trip.
Well done Gary for publishing such a great record of an epic trip, and although he claims not to be a photographer his pictures are excellent, thanks for sharing this experience.
on 6 December 2013
I received the book as a present last Christmas (2012) and am still reading it. Not that it is hard to get into but because I want to make it last. I am really enjoying both reading and looking through the very well taken photos. A beautiful book which can be enjoyed by non bikers just as much. Having spent a couple of weeks riding in some of the places visited in the book myself, it made it all the more interesting. I have read many books on motorcycle journeys and this one is definitely one of the best around. It just makes you want to get out there and do it yourself.