on 20 August 2014
I purchased these to repair a kitchen cabinet door that had pulled away from the cabinet, threading the wood. Similar to other reviews on here, the screws from my original concealed spring hinge did not fit the pre-drilled holes on the bracket, they were too small! The holes in the brackets are designed for an M12 panhead self tapping screw (5.5m). To those unfamiliar with these screws (I was until I bought these brakcets, but now I have expert knowledge), they are extrememly difficult to obtain!! I visited 2 major DIY outlets and also my engineering workshop at work and all only stocked up to M10 screws (5mm). I soon started to realise that these were about as rare as robot tears and rocking horse pubes! Finally after much searching, angst, frustration, weeping, anger and near death like calm acceptance, I found the ever elusive M12 self tapping panhead screws on Ebay! And....finally, after 1 week of searching the ether of the universe, I can finally re-attach my kitchen cabinet door! And to add insult to injury, only requiring 4 of M12 self tapping panhead screws to accomplish the job, I was forced to purchase a bag of 50 screws. So for those in a similar predicament that I found myself in, if you do decide to purchase these brackets for what you believe is a simple 5 minute repair (it took me a week) - I have 46 of these very rare, valuable objects - drop me a line. If not I shall have them reduced into jewellery as they are more scarce than platinum, so they should be worth an effing fortune!! SCREW YOU brackets!!
55 comments|10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 February 2014
Just what I needed. My kitchen cupboard hinge securing holes were completely shot. I had tried everthing eles and was thinking the only option left was a new carcas. It was the one under the sink so I really didn't want to change that one so I though I'd give these a go. I had read sone reports about having to drill the holes etc. well not these ones they were perfect. I screwed in the Hinge holding screws and offered the plate up and marked the 4 holes for the new screws. removed the plate and drilled (1mm pilot) the holes. this ensured I got the plate aligned correctly. fitted both the plates and then fitted the door like it was a new cupboard. 5 stars best fix I have seen for the over used kitchen cupboard. 1 further tip do not put the food recycling waste bin in the cupboard under the sink and then fit childproof clips. It just gets the door bust in no time.
on 8 May 2014
I used these to repair the hinges on two old bathroom cupboards. As others have mentioned, the holes for fixing the hinges to these plates are quite small but this is necessary to ensure a solid and lasting fit.

I found the best method was to fit the large screws from the hinge into the plate (without the hinge) and then screw these into the existing holes in the cabinet. This allowed accurate positioning of some small pilot holes for the new screws. Having then removed the hinge screws and attached the plates to the cabinet with the supplied screws, everything fitted back together perfectly.

Although these are simple items, they were manufactured and finished to a high standard and fitted very precisely. I'd say they were well worth the small investment, and have added a few years more service to some old cupboards.
on 19 May 2014
These have been a godsend, the hinges broke on our kitchen unit and the originals were fixed in such a way they could not be removed without leaving very large holes and partly damaging the side panels. We had attempted to fill the holes and put on new hinges with great difficulty getting the best placement and we ended up with a poor result. I ordered this kit which fitted to the cabinet sides and we were able to fit replacement hinges which did not need any adjustment at all.

It has added some more life to our units and we would definately use these again
on 2 July 2015
what a joke. these things turned up, and on first inspection appeared good quality. however they arrive without any thread on the screw hole for the hinge fitting. I asked how it was supposed to work, I got a prompt reply saying that I needed some m5 Euro screw which could be purchased from another reseller on Ebay, and these would with a little bit of pressure screw through the holes in order to hold firm

I already had some but I ordered new ones in case these Euro M5's were special.. I bought these screws and tried again with no avail.

Until the vendor start shipping with threaded holes it seems pointless, the metal is reasonably sturdy and trying to thread it using a screw seems pointless. was offered a refund if found faulty within 14 days, it took longer than this to organise the new screws... I just want the thing I paid for to have thread in the screw holes.. it cant be that hard if you can make something of this quality finish already?

I would avoid like the plague.
on 20 November 2015
Had three kitchen cabinets doors hanging off due to ruined holes and thought I'd need to replace or re-drill, however these fantastic items have totally sorted the issue. Kitchen as good as new!
review image
I thought I was in for trouble when this arrived as it was wider than the post my door hinge was fixed to (i.e. the hinge fits on a post not on a full width panel). The post is not as deep as the plates are, but... bending them carefully and neatly in a vice did the trick, along with drilling two extra fixing holes. Phew - well worth it in the end for a truly solid fixing far stronger it seems than the original - and an attractive appearance.
review image
on 11 February 2016
I have struggled with a kitchen cupboard door that kept coming loose for the last few years and often ended up stored beside the fridge, leaving a great big hole where the door should have been. Despite following various tutorials that showed how to refill the original holes etc, nothing ever held for more than a week or so at most.

By chance I ran a Google search for hinge repairs rather than cupboard repair and that brought me to this product that appears to have worked extremely well. It took just a few minutes to fix everything in place and now it's more solid than the day it was first installed. Given the cost of modern kitchens and the way doors like these often have problems I am surprised fitters don't use these as standard.
on 27 January 2016
Some reviewers have mentioned the holes on the fixing plate being too small for the standard size euro screws which come with most hinges, and having to drill out the hole a little. I was ready to do that if need be, but was pleasantly surprised as when my repair kit arrived in the post, as well as the 8 self tapping screws in the photo which fix the plate to the carcass, it also came with 4 euro screws to fix the hinge to the plate and which were the correct size for the fixing plate. Fitted in a few minutes, no problem or fuss. Perfect solution.
on 11 September 2013
I used thes to mend a wardrobe cupboard door where the hinges had wrenched from the sides. They have done the job so far, so pleased that these are available.