on 3 October 2015
 I bought one pair of these to test as a replacement for one of my kitchen cabinet hinges, as one of the originals (at least 15 years old) had broken.

The original hinges in my units have 35mm totally circular "cups" for the door side of the hinge fitting. These H'a'fele brand soft-closure hinges snugly fit the original 35mm socket drilled in the door very nicely, despite the "cup" not being a full circle like the old one. The only adjustment required was for the screw holes to secure the "T" end of the hinge, as these were in a slightly different position from the old hinge, thus requiring new pilot holes - easily sorted by simple pencil mark-up and a 2mm drill bit. The kit comes supplied with all required screws, but for this particular fit I re-used the ones from the hinges I was replacing.

The other half of the hinge fitting (the bit that fits to the main carcase side) were an exact fit to the existing holes, no adjustment or drilling required. As per the illustration photo, these use the chunky screws with flat ends/tips (I think I've seen people refer to these as "Euro screws"?) that hold well in the chipboard/fibreboard that the unit carcases are commonly made from.

Note that these H'a'fele hinges are "quick release" models - there is a simple button to push on the far end/tip of the hinge arm that releases it from the carcase mounting plate - I mention this as this initially confused me compared to the old system (I've only ever seen the old style which require one of the two screws in the arm to be released and to let you then slide the arm out and over the screw from the key-hole slot).

The two screws on this H'a'fele model seem to be captively-retained and provide fine adjustment for the door-to-carcase gap in the X- and Y-geometry planes (to/from relative the carcase and left/right relative the carcase), allowing easy alignment to get the door square and not rubbing on the carcase.

I've replaced just one hinge on each of a 2-door floor-standing unit (so one new H'a'fele and one old "snap shut" hinge on each door), and this still gives a nice soft close action. The soft-close speed would likely be softer/slower if both hinges were replaced on each door - but I'm happy with my hybrid solution for now. In the short video I've included alongside, you can see I've put the new hinges at the bottom of each door, and left the original old ones at the top.

This is a nice and easy way to upgrade older units without great expense - I'll be buying more to convert the rest of my units.
on 6 May 2015
These hinges are absolute garbage. The holes for the supplied screws were not threaded properly and I ended up having to drill them out completely. When I finally managed to get them installed, one of the adjustment screws wouldn't turn, so now I'm left with a wonky door that won't close. Maybe I just got a dud, as the other reviews seem to be positive.
on 20 November 2015
I wasn't expecting much from this product because of previous online purchases that turned out to be very poor quality (not from this company). Thankfully I was surprised at the quality of these hinges. They are strong, made from good quality metal and the screws are also good heavy duty steel screws. They did the job perfectly!
on 22 June 2015
I'm fairly incompetent when it comes to DIY but I've managed to install one of these hinges without swearing, weeping or cursing God. I'm now tempted to install them throughout the rest of the kitchen but that would probably be tempting fate...
on 2 October 2012
Replaced my existing standard hinges perfectly, simple to fit and adjust. Nice and smooth in operation. Have ordered the 10-pack to upgrade the rest of my kitchen cupboard doors as it's much more cost-effective if doing more than one door.
on 7 March 2014
Excellent product easy install, got this product to replace a broken one in kitchen,
I like this product so much, in thinking of changing all my cupboards with them.
on 21 April 2013
Although I have only installed 1 it does the job. A must on all kitchen/bathroom cabinet doors.

Can't wait to finish installing the rest later.
on 5 September 2014
comes with the smaller screw to cabinet wall but easily drilled to accept the more common larger screw if you are replacing like me. Works well.
on 19 June 2016
These are brillaint and well worthe the money. Excellent product and far better than any others I have in the kitchen.
on 14 January 2016
Can't really get excited about a hinge but this one was great. It had a dampener in it so the door closed softly.