5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!
I love this show!
Published on 21 Nov. 2010 by jlf

2.0 out of 5 stars Perfect delivery, although the item was in German...
The DVDs arrived just on schedule.
However, even if the picture and the advertisement text is in English, the series I got were in German.
It's not a real problem as the language and subtitle are selectable but this is not what I thought I was buying.
Published 14 months ago by María Raguán

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 21 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Veronica Mars - The Complete Series 1, 2 & 3 (18 DVDs) [European release / UK format] (DVD)
I love this show!
I had never heard of it until a few months ago when I came across it on E4, and I'm hooked! It's only on TV in the daytime, so I decided to buy the boxset as I kept missing episodes. The only problem is how hard it is to get hold of (Region 2)! I expected to be able to buy it from a high street shop, but no. I have however just purchased the set, so will finally be able to watch it all the way through!
It is brilliantly written and brilliantly acted; Kristen Bell is great as Veronica.
I agree with the other review, the fourth series should have been commissioned! Hopefully one day it will be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Veronics Mars - FBI?, 26 Feb. 2013
This is one of those "as good as TV gets" series.

It is fantastically interesting, likeable characters, intelligent stories, great sly humour, genuine scares and all done with a Buffy/Film Noir vibe. Kristen Bell is magnetic and neither she not the other fine character actors in this have ever equaled this high point. Damned fine acting, crackling dialogue, unpredictable story lines - what more can you ask?

Well - I ask for more, please sir.

There was a rumour after the show that they would try for a spin off "Veronica Mars - FBI", for which there is a very good trailer on the internet. I would love to see this made.

Let's face it - how many other shows can claim that genius writer/director Joss Whedon asked if he could please have a cameo in it..?

5.0 out of 5 stars You gotta love Veronica, 6 Feb. 2013
I've revisited this show again lately and am glad to say my fasination with it hasn't dulled over time. It's sharp, funny, the characters are complex and 3 dimentional, and the story lines keep you gripped. I love watching Kristen Bell as Veronica as much as I do Jason Dohring (who I have a little bit of a 'thing' for) as Logan.

3 series of this show just wasn't enough! If you haven't watched it then buy this, watch and enjoy. You won't regret it.

Go Pirates!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring it back!, 28 May 2011
Our family happened upon this show by chance and really enjoyed it. Very well written series that was probably too subtle for some and consequently not as popular as some of the rubbish american series that have survived a lot longer. In an ideal scenario someone who can will read these reviews and bring it back for a few episodes before the actors all get too old - if they aren't already that is?

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this show, 29 Nov. 2010
I'm much older than the target audience for this show, but for some reason I can't help watching it - I have it series linked on my PVR so I don't miss an episode.

The writing of this show is up there with the best youth oriented shows that I have seen and it's a real shame that it was cancelled after only three seasons.

5.0 out of 5 stars A weird and wonderful mixture of noir thriller, teen drama and Shakesperian tragedy., 30 Jan. 2014
Ignore the reviews that describe Veronica Mars as a teen drama. It's far more than that. Television series of this quality and originality don't come along very often and when they do they don't usually last very long because television is there to serve the masses and the masses don't want quality. It's therefore a bit of a minor miracle that Veronica Mars lasted the best part of three seasons before suffering the same fate as some of its equally brilliant and original predecessors (Twin Peaks and Firefly, etc.).

Basic premise: Veronica Mars is that the teenage daughter of a small town private eye who investigates a variety of 'crimes' on behalf of her fellow students against the background of an ongoing investigation into the murder of her best friend.

The individual story lines vary from relatively lightweigh (theft of the school mascot) to a heady mixture of murder, rape, theft and corruption, with a season-long ongoing investigation into a particularly complex murder and conspiracy. Brilliantly written with some of the sharpest dialogue ever written for the small screen - Raymond Chandler would have been proud of some the one liners.

The characters are all multidimensional (even the herioine is deeply flawed) and their interreactions are as complex and multidimensional as the characters themselves. All superbly brought to life by a ensemble cast of talented newcomers and established character actors.

Veronica Mars also boasts one of the most intense, complex and tragic romantic entanglements ever to appear on the small screen thanks to the superb performnces and remarkable onscreen chemistry between Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars) and Jason Dohring (Logan Echolls). Caught in a complex web of intersecting relationships our starcrossed lovers battle their inner demons and a dangerous world of psychotic killers and ruthless conspirators - separating and reuniting as they are buffered by events beyond their control and the deep wounds and flaws in their own characters.

An absolutely brilliant example of what can be achieved when talent is allowed its head.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good a TV series as you can get !, 8 Oct. 2011
M. E. Gosano "Manuel" (Bristol, U.K.) - See all my reviews
At 63 years of age, my usual favourite TV viewing includes Brideshead Revisited, The Forsyte Saga, Jane Austen films, Poirot, Miss Marple, Inspector Morse and other drama series. Although this box set is acted by and designed for young adults, it belongs, in my humble opinion, with those quality TV series. The reasons for this includes the excellent mystery plotting for the season arcs and each episode. The casting, acting, sets and direction are all first class. The great thing is that this is California so that even though wrong doing is going on, the sun is always shining. What a change from the English dramas!

Guest stars like Harry Hamlin and Steve Guttenberg are prepared to go against type and play very unsympathetic types. But the revelation here is Kristin Bell. I first saw her in Heroes and was not impressed. Here she shows that a great actress needs a great script to show what she can do. The icing on the cake which makes this series so much better than all the other ones around is the smart and funny dialogue which I last heard in the films of the Forties, films like His Girl Friday and The Philadelphia Story. Friends of my age also enjoyed Veronica Mars so the series can be recommended for all ages.

One thing I would like to highlight is that I did not read properly the very detailed description of the DVDs on the Amazon website so I was most surprised when the box set arrived from Alzingen in Luxembourg and all the writing on the box, DVD covers and the DVDs themselves is in French. I was most relieved when I discovered the audio on the DVDs themselves is in English. The extras are as detailed in the descriptions on this website and include the proposed pilot for the cancelled fourth series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Secrets of Southern California!, 27 Dec. 2012
Imagine a combination of Buffy The Vampire Slayer and The Rockford Files with more than a touch of film noir. Great fun. Only 3 seasons alas. Perhaps Veronica and dad Keith are still solving mysteries in some alternative So Cal universe. I'd like to think so!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 13 Oct. 2013
My 3 series Veronica Mars was amazing, I watched them all with in a week 😐. I was wondering why they jumped a lot but I just whipped them over and then they seemed fine, probably just dust, but they was grate thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars A real treat, 18 Jun. 2013
This boxset is superb. I only recently watched the pilot of Veronica Mars, and after that I finished the entire show in a couple of weeks, I loved it that much. It is a real shame only 3 seasons were made, however Veronica Mars the movie is currently filming and slated for release early 2014 with the writer Rob Thomas saying hoepfully the movie is just the beginning for more V Mars.

Yes, the writing on the box is foreign (as it says in the desciption), I do not see this as a reason to mark down this product as it still plays in perfect English with or without subtitles. The low reviews are from people who have clearly not read the full product description. The reason for this is the Veronica Mars boxset was not released in the UK.

If you are looking for a fun comedy-drama to watch with lots of unexpected twists then this is for you. If you are a Joss Whedon fan then trust me when I say "Buy this!" (Big influence on the show)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›