5.0 out of 5 stars AN AMAZING MAN'S AMAZING STORY., 19 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Karate My Life (Hardcover)
I've read this book a couple of times. As, at the risk of sounding corny, it does inspire me. Kanazawa has always inspired me and this is his story as told by himself. Its not a biography, its an autobiography. The only 'hiccup', is that the translation sometimes reads as slightly 'Americanised'on occasions. But, maybe thats just me. But as i've read it a few times and will no doubt again, i still think it a great book and would be enjoyed and valued by anyone who practices not just karate, but any traditional martial arts. But it is also a humourous story as 'Kancho', is a humourous man and loves to tell stories of his travels and adventures alongside his philosophy of life and karate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book Description Only!, 2 May 2008
Terry Tozer "TJSKA.com" (Reading & Bracknell, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Karate My Life (Hardcover)
KANAZAWA Hirokazu's biography, translated by Alex BENNETT.

One of the most influential karate masters Japan has seen, he has devoted himself to the study and promotion of karate for more than 50 years. "The more I know, the more I climb, yet the mountain just gets higher. The more I try, the more I focus, the depth is limitless. There is no end in sight. That is karate, my life."

About the Author

Kanazawa Hirokazu was born in Iwate Prefecture, Japan, in 1931. After graduating from Takushoku University in 1958, he entered the first intake of the Japan Karate Association's live-in instructor's course. On graduation he became on of the pioneers of karate's globalization, Living and instructing in Hawaii and throughout Europe. In 1978 he formed the Shotokan Karate-Do International Federation, which he still heads. He continues to tirelessly promote karate built on the "way of harmony", teaching in more than 100 countries around the world.

Karate My Life
Karate My Life by Hirokazu Kanazawa (Hardcover - Jan. 2003)
Used & New from: £21.15