on 4 March 2015
This is a great study book for the Japanese language through an English based study, following the Genki 1 textbook and workbook. I recommend using the Genki 2 workbook to accompany it but it's not completely necessary; I just found that it reinforces my lessons and listening comprehension (if you buy the CD-ROM version with the listening comprehension). This textbook is great as a home study tool (self-study) as well as an accompaniment to a Japanese course in classes. It's lessons are set out in easy to manage sections and in such a way that you won't get confused or overworked. This version also comes with its own CD-ROM (different to the one in the workbook) that helps with listening and pronunciation exercises. Overall it's a great tool, whether you're teaching yourself, or learning at school I highly recommend this textbook as a follow up to the Genki 1 books or as an intermediate study after learning the basics elsewhere. With the willpower to study you'll be speaking and reading Japanese in no time!
on 8 March 2016
Amazing, Two thick and heavy books (Genki 1 & 2) came all the way from Japan. I'm very happy that I can increase my knowledge of this awesome language. Domo Arigatou Gozaimasu - Sayonara !
on 30 March 2015
This book gets your brain working hard at remembering what you learned in book 1 which is exactly what you need as you can get too relaxed with what you have learned in book 1
on 3 December 2014
This book is amazing and the shipping certainly helped. The great condition and shipping brought a smile on my face and reading the book maintained that smile :)
on 24 March 2016
This book really helped to improve my Japanese. At first I was put off by the price but after completing the book and comparing it with other series I can honestly say you get about 2.5 books' worth of content in this one title. Jam packed full of exercises and little illustrations that help to make the book a bit more fun as opposed to a dry academic text, I would definitely recommend this for anyone who has a basic grasp of the language and is looking to make good progress in a short space of time.
on 19 February 2014
This book is great for continuing studies of the japanese language. I'm studying my second year of japanese, and this is the book we use for class.

It has everything from all hiragana and katakana to alot of grammar and kanji, an so on. :)

I strongly recommend this book to those who like the japanese language, or am studying at some school, or just want to learn more on your own.
on 8 January 2014
The book and course are very good and comes highly reccomended, it certainly achieves the objective but the authors know this hence the over pricing!
on 9 March 2016
Birthday pressie for my eldest son, who is learning Japanese...he's chuffed to bits.
on 13 August 2014
Daughter really enjoying learning Japanese. Very well set out book.
on 3 September 2015
A very good book for studying Japanese.