5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book!
This is a wonderful book for fans of Asian food whether vegan or not. I love having 9 areas of Asia covered in one book. The recipes are well laid out and very easy to follow and most of the ingredients are already in the store cupboard of those of us who cook Asian food regularly so there's no need for lengthy shopping lists - you can just pick up the book and start...
Published on 13 July 2008 by Karen Collins

2.0 out of 5 stars had high hopes for this book but was really disappointed. didnt feel any dishes looked/sounded appetizing enough to ...
had high hopes for this book but was really disappointed. didnt feel any dishes looked/sounded appetizing enough to cook so havent made a single one. doesnt seem very authentic either. maybe im judging a bit harshly though because asian veggie cooking is my 'thing'.
Published 5 months ago by Miss J R Austin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars asian vegan, 26 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Asian Vegan Kitchen: Authentic and Appetizing Dishes from the Continent of Rich Flavors: 1 (Paperback)
it certainly is different to the vegan cooking books and is highly recommendable.
lacks sorces for some of the not so well known ingredients.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ingredients difficult to obtain, 2 July 2012
A brilliant idea, with a wide range of recipes designed for Vegans which means that I can continue to eat my favourite spicy foods. However, the downfall is that some of the ingredients required are very difficult to obtain so I am unable to try all of the recipes listed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dishes sound appetising - but some ingredients difficult to find, 3 Aug 2012
I have been a vegetarian for over 20 years and have recently decided to try being a vegan.

I love asian food and so was really excited to find this book, especially as it was rated highly in the reviews. I noticed a few reviews which said that some of the ingredients would be difficult to find. As I live in London, I didn't think this would be an issue.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of recipes include some ingredients which high street supermarkets will not stock. I am sure if I visited China Town or other asian friendly food shops that I would be able to find most of the ingredients. However, I am just not sure that I want, or have the time, to hunt for ingredients every time I cook a meal from this book. It is for this reason that I decided to return the book, which is a shame as some of the dishes really did look good.

2.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre Book, 2 Aug 2012
In the transition of becoming a vegan I decided to buy this book. Having already purchased lot of books from the medias top rated chefs and I consider myself to be quite an accomplished cook, I have to say that the recipes and their pictures appear to be totally uninspiring. If I was relying on this book to convince myself that herbivorism is the way forward then I would probably still be eating meat and dairy. Having access to a lot of supermarket chains and studying the book for a couple of hours; I feel I will be hard pushed to source some of these ingredients and therefore for the price I don't feel that this book either offers value for money or for a transitional vegan is informative enough about nutrition.

3.0 out of 5 stars Asian Vegan, 6 April 2013
A good solid book with some interesting recipes. I enjoyed it, but would have liked more recipes and some more photos
but a good buy nevertheless.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Recipies---Now where do I source some of the Ingredients, 14 May 2011
I was intrigued by the great reviews and ordered the book--wonderful recipies but if like me you live in Scotland where even finding tofu at the local supermarket is an achievment I would have appreciated some sort of mention in the book as to where one can source some of the ingredients. I will save this book till I return to California where it so easy to find many of the ingredients.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›