4.0 out of 5 stars Makes you feel you're in Japan
This book gives a rather good impression on the stick fighting part of the Kukishinden school. One of the 9 schools of the Bujinkan. Beautiful b/w pictures and drawings, contributing to a sense of authenticity. This book is not an instruction book, however, some techniques are explained step by step in tekst.
Published 1 month ago by Adriana van den Bogart

3.0 out of 5 stars Less talk more play.
Published on 29 Dec. 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Less talk more play., 29 Dec. 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Advanced Stick Fighting (Hardcover)
It has been a long time coming but finally we have a book that advances on from his previous stick fighting book. However, if all you want is to have more in depth knowledge regarding the evolvement of these forms then it's perfect. I'm not that interested personally. The secret forms are not so secret application and dedication allowed me insight to these long ago. For me there was nothing new in this book, which is quite sad really given the authors vast knowledge. His previous is still the better of the two. Any serious martial artist interested in stick fighting will already have discovered all that this book could reveal. I chuckle at the ridiculous remarks about "reading between the lines" when there is so little comment. If we were talking about Jeung, Freud etc....... yes I could understand.
The author is not leaving secret information between the lines but, I rather fancy laughing at the ones who actually bought this guff...............me included.

3.0 out of 5 stars worth a look but dont expect too much, 9 Jan. 2010
B. J. Morris - See all my reviews
This review is from: Advanced Stick Fighting (Hardcover)
The first book that i bought (chambers one ) was not bad at all and offered more.( with regards to locks and throwing etc i.e technical. perhaps what can be more higher level advanced techniques, perhaps we may refer to menkio(if thats how you spell it)okuden ,kaiden techniques which may actually seem simpler. say for example a strike to a vital point can end a confrontation on the spot almost like a sutemi rather than technical locks like in the first book.Stick fighting is a vicious art when done properly. The author is a renouned martial artist so really if we study what he has offered us we can only gain in knowledge.

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes you feel you're in Japan, 9 Mar. 2015

4.0 out of 5 stars jo/hanbo, 5 July 2010
A. Jones - See all my reviews
This review is from: Advanced Stick Fighting (Hardcover)
This book is a good companion for "Stick Fighting for Self Defence". Some of the pictures are rather blurred.
I would have liked to have known that the book was mainly about the bo rather than the jo and the hanbo.

4.0 out of 5 stars All round good read, 3 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Advanced Stick Fighting (Hardcover)
A great book good and picture reference though his first stick fighting book is a better read and reference I recommend them both

Advanced Stick Fighting
Advanced Stick Fighting by Masaaki Hatsumi (Hardcover - 1 April 2005)
Used & New from: £50.00