5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book!
I have only recently become more enthusiastic about cooking and have never bought cookery books before. I actually wasn't going to buy this book as I assumed it would be very dull and simplistic and wanted the River Cafe cookbook. In the end I decided to buy both but never expected to use the Delia Smith. I am however really pleased with the book, it is far from boring...
Published on 25 Jan 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Good on the whole
The book begins with an inventory for your store cupboard, and procedes through meat and veg to cheese and chocolate. While there are some good helpful ideas (how to cook fish for example) I'm not sure how realistic some of her aims are. She crusades against factory chicken, listing a couple of manufacturers she finds acceptable, but how many of us can afford the...
Published on 7 Jan 2000 by pjw106@york.ac.uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Long Live Delia!, 27 Nov 2013
I have most of Demi-God-Delia's books and this one is excellent. One of a trilogy. I am happy to recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 14 Nov 2013
S. A. Williamson (england) - See all my reviews
good book if your just starting out on your own i would recommend to a friend
i got all three books

5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased, 16 Sep 2013
The item arrived, in good order, in time and as described. This Book Two is just as good as books One and Three. Exactly what you would expect from Delia.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review, 6 Sep 2013
As usual clear and precise instructions. Pictures made all the difference. Well wrapped and promptly delivered. Will enjoy using this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Delia Smith How to cook Book Two, 8 July 2013
Explanation of ways of cooking is excellent but the recipes are not ones my husband likes.The recipes are easy to follow

5.0 out of 5 stars "How to Cook", Book Two, 23 Mar 2013
I recently passed on to a friend a few cookbooks that I had never used, as they were a bit too advanced for my culinary skills. I ordered this as a good follow-up to "Delia Smith's How to Cook - Book One", which was an excellent introduction for me. Book Two is equally well written and presented, with lovely photographs of the dishes and plenty of practical tips. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars See review of Delia's How to Cook Book Three., 20 Mar 2013
See review of Delia's How to Cook Book Three. I would very definitely and have recommend this source to others.

2.0 out of 5 stars dirty, 9 Mar 2013
bought this for my daughter both of us buy 2nd hand books all the time this one is very tatty and dirty looking and feeling as soon as i opened the parcel and before i lifted it out it looked grubby will not be givng this to my daughter have put back in box and going to return it very disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for new cook, 11 Feb 2013
Ideal present for our friend who is just learning to cook at the age of 40. We ha our first meal cooked by her last week.Ide

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Delia, 16 Jan 2013
S. Robey (UK) - See all my reviews
You simply cannot go wrong with St.Delia, even if you should avoid when watch your weight! Great recipes, easy to understand and nicely laid out.

Delia's How to Cook : Book 1 and Book 2 (2 Volumes)
Delia's How to Cook : Book 1 and Book 2 (2 Volumes) by Delia Smith (Hardcover - 2000)
Out of stock