5.0 out of 5 stars First Class Publication, 3 Mar 2012
A. Azmy (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Color Tattoo Art: Comics. Cartoons. Pin-Ups. Manga. New School (Hardcover)
I've been in the mood for a tattoo for a while now, and was really taking as much time as possible before taking the plunge. I've read plenty of magazines and other books, but for me this stands a mile out. The photography is exquisite, the choice of artists is inspired, and the range of stunning artwork simply outstanding. It's very focused in that it exclusively deals with colour work, but the goal is accomplished with extreme honours. It's even persuaded me to travel to another country just to get a tattoo from one of the French artists featured.

Even if you're not into it for the sake of getting your own body art, this is a great coffee table book full of art (both tattoo and traditional), artist profiles and a few interesting interviews. It cost me almost £100 so it's not cheap, especially as I am scraping the pennies together to actually get my tattoo done, but to be honest I don't regret the investment in this book. I really loved it and would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars A-MAZ-ING!!, 17 Sep 2011
If you have an interest in tattoos or colourful art in general, this is the book for you. Jaw dropping work throughout what is a beautifully substantial volume. You may have cause for concern over the price... you don't need to. I haven't once thought about the cost (until now!) since turning the first pages. If you have the money, buy it.

Color Tattoo Art: Comics. Cartoons. Pin-Ups. Manga. New School
Color Tattoo Art: Comics. Cartoons. Pin-Ups. Manga. New School by Marisa Kakoulas (Hardcover - 27 Jun 2011)