5.0 out of 5 stars Nozolino`s Soul, 5 April 2011
L. Condeca "LCondeça" (Lisbon, Portugal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Penumbra (Hardcover)
"Penumbra" is the 2nd book I buy on Nozolino`s work, being "Far Cry" the 1st. Once again I was not disappointed.... there's poetry and soul in these black & white images, taken in North Africa and the Middle East.
Nozolino`s aproach is really unique. He tries to capture the inner soul of the people and places depicted in his photographs. You might say his work is too tragic, too dark, but above all it`s a reflection of the way he feels the world he lives in.
I myself own one of his Photographs at home and I never get tired of looking at it.
Highly advisable if you are into good Photography and cannot buy an original. At least you will have something beautiful to look at at the end of the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars personal approach, 2 Sep 2009
L. Correia "fukujitso" (Portugal, EU) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Penumbra (Hardcover)
I consider this body of work of Nozolino a land market in contemporary portuguese photography. Nozolino has a very personal approach to documentary photography. I am very glad to had the oportunity of buying "Penumbra". Sometimes, looking at these plates you can almost feel the hot and dusty atmosphere of the sites.

Penumbra
Penumbra by Paulo Nozolino (Hardcover - 27 Aug 1996)
Used & New from: £1.76