5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful deck, 3 Jun 2007
John Foster (Solihull) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vision Quest Tarot Deck (Cards)
The vision quest deck has beautiful art work and is easy to use. I have several tarot decks and i keep coming back to the Vision Quest deck as i get more out of this deck than any other i have used. When i have given readings my clients always ask where they can obtain this deck as they love the art work and can easily follow the reading. This deck is suitable both for beginners and professionals as you are drawn into it and the messages are clear. Don't take my word for it try it out for yourself and you will find that you will keep coming back to this beautiful deck.

4.0 out of 5 stars So beautiful, 22 April 2010
G. Dixon (Newcastle Upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vision Quest Tarot Deck (Cards)
I have only been studying and using Tarot for a couple of weeks and already have a few sets of cards. These cards have beautiful depictions and the mini booklet that comes with them is very helpful. The Major Arcana cards in this set are differently named to the Rider Waite cards, but you can see the resemblance. eg. The Fool is The Clown, The Magician is The Medicine Man, The Empress is The Grandmother etc.
The Major Arcana card names mean more to me than the Rider Waite and place the importance of the soul with the family and community rather than Victorian stylised meanings. I also feel drawn to these cards and feel comfortable with them. Strange I know when we are talking about cards.
I showed them to a guy in my local store where I buy my crystals, and he asked me to get him a set from Amazon as he cannot even buy them in at the price Amazon are selling them at. I will say that the others in the store loved these cards aswell.

I have a few books already about Tarot and find that most of them concentrate on Rider Waite decks and each seem to give different meanings to the cards. Yet the healers, Tarot readers and Psychics I have spoken with all tell me that you should read the cards using your own instincts and feelings from what you see. Yes, read the basics of Tarot reading but not too much on what the various authors tell you about the meaning. Well the pictures and names of this set of cards will help you doing this and also give you an insight to the Native American psyche and wonderful outlook towards this Earth life.

Also, I think these cards are easier for a newcomer to tarot like myself as I do not have a long period of reading in a certain way and am still open to new depictions. That said, I think long time readers will easily make the transition to this set also.

Well, after all the nice things I've said about the cards and brilliant booklet that come in the pack, you may be thinking why not a 5 star rating?

The reason for only 4 stars is the quality of the card stock. Although they are ok, after only a few days of shuffling them they are already getting a bit dog-eared. When I start reading more for others I will need a few sets just in case they deteriorate quickly, which I know will be the case.They are not as poor quality as the Medicine Cards from Jamie Sams & David Carson (if you have a set of these for comparison).I find that the cards stick together in clumps when shuffling. So, maybe it is best to mix the cards by spreading them on a cloth to mix them up rather than the standard hand shuffle. So far the Universal Rider Waite cards are the finest quality I have used.

That said, I absolutely love these cards. But ask that the producers improve the card stock on future productions, even if it means a price rise as they are truly worth it. I will just have to treat them with more care and consideration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vision Quest tarot, 11 Dec 2009
Evelyn R. Burges (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vision Quest Tarot Deck (Cards)
This is a beautiful Tarot deck, that I have worked with for a few years. I teach Tarot, and my students often fall in love with this deck! The art work is inspiring, especially if one has a liking for Native American culture. It may be a little tricky for beginners, in that this deck does not use the terms "wands, swords, cups and pentacles", but Fire, Air, Water and Earth. Also, some of the Majors are renamed, eg Grandmother and Grandfather for Empress and Emperor. However, one can soon adjust to that.
The Air (swords)court cards are more positive than usual, perhaps because feathers are used to represent Air, rather than swords. The four elements are depicted by different Native American tribes, very subtly.
The little white instruction book that comes with this deck is a gem: very positive, useful, interpretations, and highly spiritual. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a bigger book available, in English anyway (maybe in German).
I would certainly highly recommend this Tarot deck!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this deck, 17 July 2009
This review is from: Vision Quest Tarot Deck (Cards)
Beautiful colours and artwork. The images are stunning. Slightly more Thoth than RWS in setup and a couple of the cards have been renamed... Fool = Clown...
Excellent booklet over 100 pages long unlike the usual LWW you get in a deck... I will prob end up buying a spare copy of this deck as it is my firm favourite

5.0 out of 5 stars best pack for me, 7 Feb 2012
This review is from: Vision Quest Tarot Deck (Cards)
this deck of cards are easy to use,with a very detailed information about the cards in the little booklet,
the pack is very easy to shuffle and to cary in your hand bag,i have found the cards to answer my questions
in great detail and spot on with the question in hand,,,,,,i wish i had known about this deck before purchasing
the others,they are beutiful and calming,not like some decks they can be a little harsh,they also increase your
awareness to cosmic forces and help you to choose the right path if you follow them,you can biuld agood picture
of what they are trying to say when they are placed out i would reccomend this deck.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and well thought-out, 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: Vision Quest Tarot Deck (Cards)
This is a very attractive pack, and a well-designed one. Some ethnically-themed tarots show a sad lack of understanding of the culture they are supposed to be based on, but Ms Winter seems to have got the Plains Indian culture right. If you are very picky, you might say the people look too like tanned anglos.

The pip cards are not fully illustrated but they are evocative: the 5 of cups is dark, with five broken bowls. They have their names on them and those are all based on the Golden Dawn, where Waite sometimes preferred Etteilla. That's why some people have compared this pack to Crowley's, but it doesn't have his odd take on the trumps.

The LWB is a far cry from the usual Lo Scarabeo or US Games offerings: Muller have allowed the author 106 pages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vision Quest Tarot, 7 Sep 2013
This review is from: Vision Quest Tarot Deck (Cards)
I already have several sets of Tarot cards and Oracle cards and had no intention of buying any more ... until I saw the Vision Quest Tarot Deck, which was recommended to me by a friend. They are beautiful cards and I was drawn to them immediately. The artwork needs more than a first look, there is far more to them than is immediately apparent, and for those who are new to Tarot there is a little explanatory book which sits in the box with the cards. I have small hands but have no problem with shuffling this pack which is a nice size. They really are a dream to work with and have now replaced my old favourites. If you are drawn to these cards then buy them. You will not be disappointed.

ARRAY(0xaaa70498)

Vision Quest Tarot
Vision Quest Tarot by Gayan S. Winter (Paperback - 23 Jun 1999)
Used & New from: 11.49