Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 10 May 2015
It's OK...but I made the huge mistake of ordering this at the same time as Taschen's big new cabin book by Philip Jodidio - http://www.amazon.com/Cabins-Philip-Jodidio/dp/3836550261 and there is MASSIVE overlap between the two books. The same houses and the same photos from the same angles. I have no idea how it happened but basically don't bother buying this book just buy the larger Taschen one as it has all or 90% of these cabins + a load more + a better layout with floor plans and extra photos. I felt like I'd wasted my money on this and even gave my copy away after a week as everything that's in it is also in the bigger Taschen volume. If you don't have the big Taschen book book then this is fine. Note it is mostly uber-contemporary structures, many not in any way liveable, but concept pieces. I know this sounds like I'm writing on behalf of Taschen but really, I'm not... I'm just irked that two major new publications have such massive overlap in content. If I hadn't given my copy away I'd post photos of page after page that are exactly the same.
on 21 February 2014
Good for dreamers of an outdoor cabin. More a collection of good photographs than an extensive review of the cabins themselves. Its also not a review of the materials used. But the pictures are gorgeous.
on 5 August 2013
Fantastic photos, good quality hardback book. Bought it as a gift for an architecture enthusiast and it was very well-received. Great product at a fantastic price (Amazon price was more than 1/3 off the price of the same product in the Tate Modern bookshop in London)!
on 19 December 2013
Great, in depth, detailed sections on each property, with something from the most basic to the most complicated. It is quite contemporary for the most, but very inspiring, with lots of ideas to use.
This is one of the few interiors / building / "dream home" books I've actually found useful and use as a reference and for ideas.
on 16 October 2015
Bought as a gift and was well received. Just what they asked for
on 25 April 2015
Very interesting, lots of brill ideas
on 9 April 2013
Lovely book. I want to build a shed. and another shed to live in. . . . . . .
on 19 January 2015