Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: PaperbackChange

on 16 March 2010
The most endearing part of this book was the beautiful cat photos - a delight to the eye. However, I was not as impressed with the content of the book and found that my cat (a Ragdoll) did not respond to the instructions that I followed from the book. In fact, the sound of the clicker frightened her despite the fact that I tried to lower the volume as much as I could. She can still beg, lie down, give a paw etc but will not respond to the clicker. She responds to verbal commands, praise and rewards, which is how I have trained her prior to purchasing this book. I wonder if this book has been translated from German to English as you will find either translation error or just plain proof reading error in the text of the book. The cat photos, however, are exceptional.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 October 2015
This was a gift for my uncle who had recently got a new Bengal kitten, but I read through it, since I was interested in the subject. I have previous clicker trained my dog, so the basic premise was pretty familiar to me. Now working with cats and dogs are very different. My cat is stubborn, unpredictable at times and unlikely to do anything unless she specifically wants to right then... but I found that she could definitely be conditioned to expect a reward, and she seems to really enjoy the extra interaction of doing something for me, and of course, receiving a treat. I wish she would be happy with regular treats, but since she's a bit of a diva, only fresh tuna will do. That being said, I think she actually responds to my voice far better than a clicker, which really renders the clicker a little obsolete.

The book contains some lovely photos, and my uncle seemed to appreciate the gift (I also bought him the clicker to go along with it of course).
I do feel that it is very expensive for the length, and may not offer the best value for money especially if you cat is one of the many who will not respond to it.
on 31 March 2013
My cat can be the most uniterested of fussy felines but a few minutes a day soon had him doing simple things on demand.
But bear in mind a cats attention span is very short.
try it and be confident it works. Be proud of your cat and yourself.
on 26 August 2015
Taught my cat some tricks but u need to do it every day and do it when your cat is hungry
on 25 April 2010
I found this book realy enjoyable to read as it is as though I am being spoken to. It is easy to understand and includes some lovely photographs too.

I am yet to practice the techniques as my two pedigree cats are coming in a few months. I have leant it to a friend for a little while who is also enjoying it. Worth buying.