Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 February 2012
I am a tour leader working in Ethiopia, I love this book, it is simple yet so descriptive of general life in Ethiopia. Enough but not too much, a small insight into life as it is here. Absolutely loved it, written by someone who clearly loves this country as much as I do, and who turns what can be considered sometimes as negative idosynchrisies into positive ones! If you are going to be travelling on the Historical route then I recommend this book. Bernd I have seen you around when leading trips, and I highly commend you for your wonderfful descriptive writing! A wonderful book!!!!
on 13 May 2014
I am enjoying reading this. Somehow the blend between personal, anecdotal, historical and literary works, despite even the fact that this is a translation from German.
on 30 September 2014
A special book on a magical place.
on 1 February 2016
Expected more substance
on 22 December 2014
Great recommended
on 4 February 2015
His writing is good and interesting, there are little essays about places in Ethiopia. But a travel book? No. Perhaps this should be stated more clearly in the advertisement of the book. When sold under travel book category, the reader naturally expects more concrete and usable information that can be applied to his own travels to Ethiopia. This book is a novel, say it clearly.
on 18 January 2014
Bought as present for my husband in preparation for trip to Ethiopia soon, he is engrossed, so I'll get to read it soon!