5.0 out of 5 stars Huge Review, 3 April 2013
Dr. Delvis Memphistopheles "FIST" (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Mark Ryden. Pinxit (Hardcover)
Mark reuses certain themes throughout; Abraham Lincoln, a bee, childhood innocence, meat, Alice in Wonderland and death. Childhood innocence is recouched into the adult dreamworlds where nothing is real, but it all relates backwards in time. I can see why Michael Jackson wanted him to do a cover.

Mark Ryden, despite the forays into mainstream graphic album art has a more developed sense of the unreal and brutal. Within each picture the soft focus pictures of childhood goo goo are given a sharp twist of the knife to let the blood flow. There is plenty of it within these pictures.

The book is huge covering all of this major periods, each given a chapter for the reader to gaze at. For those who want to buy this book, make sure you have plenty of space on your bookshelf because this is both heavy and huge.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cracking Book although very pricey., 2 Dec 2011
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Mark Ryden, Pinxit (Hardcover)
I love artwork that makes you question and think about the image, so when we had the opportunity to view this title by mark Ryden, it was something we couldn't leave alone as he merges the world of very doll looking characters with bizarre, macabre twists with his own musings that bring a wonderful sense of humour and whimsy to the viewer's mind.

It's cleverly done, it has a great flow about it and for me, it was a book that kept me wanting to see more to figure out what he was going to come up with next to titillate my imagination. Finally add to this a title that's backed up with the artists own musings about the creations. The details are stunning and to be honest I'm still noticing new things each time I go through it that I'd missed on previous reads. Its quirky, it's fun and above all else its insightful to delve into the mind of an artist. All round a great item and one that I'll have a lot of fun with time and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value, Very Large, Thick Book, 8 Nov 2013
U. Simpson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mark Ryden. Pinxit (Hardcover)
This book is extremely good value for money, it has beautiful artwork spanning many exhibitions with some large bi-folding pages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pinxit, 31 May 2014
This review is from: Mark Ryden. Pinxit (Hardcover)
Awesome😊 and the timing is great. Maybe I will buy more. The book is in good shape, but there some places where it looked like it has been used..

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent!, 1 May 2013
V. Denham "Ice Queen" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mark Ryden. Pinxit (Hardcover)
If you are a fan of the New Pop American Surrealist movement, then this book is essential. The quality of printing and the actual design and paper used is just beautiful. It's a very big heavy book. Mark Ryden's paintings are astonishing. Crazy scenarios rendered in ultra realistic style. Mind blowing. I have hundreds of art books, as I am an artist myself, but I must say that this is one of my favourites. Taschen never cease to amaze me. Superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifull <3, 25 April 2013
This review is from: Mark Ryden. Pinxit (Hardcover)
This book is just utterly beautiful showcasing Mark Rydens work from past and present. The cover itself is a work of art and holding it I feel I am about to open a book of fairy tales and magic. The art inside is breathtaking.

The imagary and symbolic nature of the book have me yearning for more.

Mark Ryden. Pinxit
Mark Ryden. Pinxit by Mark Ryden (Hardcover - 25 Mar 2013)
29.24