Format: Calendar|Change

on 13 April 2013
A wonderful release by Taschen.365 dates,but,not days so can be 'viewed' in any year.Each double page has a pin-up (artwork or real model),a famous quotation and famous models birthdays.Lovely content of the 'naughty but nice' variety! And, I'm glad to say,Gil Elvgren's work is well represented.Delightful.
on 3 July 2013
I love pin up art so I bought this book in Waterstones today. I did enjoy the photos and artwork but most of the "inspiring" quotes are tasteless and insulting. From "role models" such as Paris Hilton etc. One quote read "I only started giving men blowjobs because I ran out of things to say". There are a few genuinely amusing and insightful thoughts peppered amongst the quotes, but on the whole they paint women in a very poor light. Many quotes are anti-feminist, which is just not funny, there is no place for this - not in the modern world. I returned the book.