5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant
Published on 1 Jan 2012 by Mr. G. Bridgeman-clarke

2.0 out of 5 stars Good book BAD service.
This book is a must if you love all things Polaroid, lovely images of a good size and quality!...but i must say where i should feel joy for my 8.00 bargain, i feel nothing but an empty space and slight relief.
I placed my order on the 17th of August (book was instock) and I waited a total of 7 WEEKS! for my book to arrive, thus damping my whole excitement.
bad...
Published on 24 Sep 2008 by Ms. Karley Knight

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant, 1 Jan 2012
Mr. G. Bridgeman-clarke "Graham BC" (Rayleigh, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Polaroid Book: Selections from the Polaroid Collections of Photography (Hardcover)
I love polaroid images and this book of 254 various images displays the art well from the likes of Helmut Newton and Andy Warhol to the man/woman in the street. I love the ideas and composition - most thinking out of the box. I for one missed polaroids but pleased that new cameras and film are back. I have used polaroids for year from large format to smaller polaroid cameras. Each image is a one off and this book shows some of the best images.

Hopefully this book will inspire you, like it did me to go out with a polaroid camera and create some unique artwork.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful... mostly, 12 Mar 2009
There are roughly 300 photos in here, all Polaroid Instant, not all readily identifiable as such. Some of them are so amazing I got lost while staring at them, admiring the composition and shapes and shadows; amazed by how sometimes we really can capture a perfect moment on film. There are lots of those in here, and you may lose a couple of hours while poring over them.

It loses a star - reluctantly - for 2 reasons. I don't know what it is about art that necessitates controversy and pretentiousness... art, controversy and pretense - an unholy trinity, it seems, and a few of the photos in here don't disappoint. Of course there's the myriad female nudes (beautifully done, all) but that's the norm now. There are also, however, a couple of child nudes scattered throughout and, frankly, I don't want to see it. I don't believe there's any reason to include photos depicting child nudity, unless it's to court controversy and debate and prove how so-cutting-edge-it-bleeds it all is. I could do without it, and so could this book.

Secondly, they've spread a few of the most extraordinary photos slap-bang across the middle of 2 pages, so they've been dissected; cut in half and distorted. Why on earth would they be placed there? In a book that's all about the visual, making a few them impossible to see is crazy.

But, this is still one of the most sumptuous books I've ever had the pleasure of flicking through, and with photos that range between obscure, altered, atmospheric and absurd, almost every single image warrants a minute or 2 of perusal and admiration. For anyone who is a fan of photography - in particular, yummywonderful Polaroid instants - you can't not have this be a part of your collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great coffee table book, 26 May 2013
I had expected more content on the cameras then the small amount in the back but imstill very happy with my purchace esp as it arrived so fast

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 18 Jun 2014
The delivery arrived quickly. The book has a great collection of images and is great for the coffee table.

I would highly recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars You don't need an expensive camera?, 18 April 2014
A. STYLE (Ipswich, MA USA) - See all my reviews
I'm amazed how good and creative these photos are. It is amazing what you can do without an expensive camera. I bought the book to give me ideas for using my iPhone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely coffee table book., 27 Dec 2013
Purchased as a gift, great book with a wide range of images. The person I bought it for has wanted this book for a while so they are happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant Creativity, 11 Feb 2013
Mr. C. Walker - See all my reviews
Fascinating overview of the creative use of this much missed but now redundant Polaroid film. Very worthwhile purchase.

Good value

4.0 out of 5 stars Great 'Coffee-Table' Book, 8 July 2011
Quinn (England, UK) - See all my reviews
Another great 'coffee-table' book to have just lying around the house. People will pick it up, flick through it and offer their opinions. For 7 it is a bargain for a diverse range of polaroid photographs in a beautifully presented book and glossy cover. I felt oddly nostalgic looking at it - I find it a little sad that digital cameras overtook the instant prints. There's a sense of fun to polaroids and capturing the moment when it's not entirely polished or able to be edited. This book would make a great gift for anyone interested in photography or art. You are bound to find a few photographs that catch your eye.

4.0 out of 5 stars Would have benefitted from tighter editing, 28 April 2011
Regardless of bad choices in business practice, Polaroid and its cameras remain one of the best things that happened to Photography. Recently, with news of the company shutting down and new enterprises taking over the responsibility to perpetuate the film manufacture, there's been a revival of interest in the polaroid medium, specially for artists and photographers.

This book is gorgeous and of wonderful quality. The essays are interesting, if a little short and superficial. There's no shortage of images, and I felt like the book would have benefited from a tighter selection, as well as less literal pairings. However, there are some true gems throughout, and this is worth it for those who take interest in Polaroids.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good book BAD service., 24 Sep 2008