on 15 February 2010
I have been looking into many cookbooks, and the setup of this one is just beautiful. well disposed information, fully packed with recipes, following the regions, many pictures, if I should bring one minus is it, a bit to many pictures of the populations, the historic working there is the reason for these dishes, is a nice information, but a little bit more recipes would do the trick, i bought the book, because I was looking for a special dish I got, and that was not in the book, but plenty of other nice ones. :) almost full 5 stars...
on 10 January 2010
This book isn't what I was expecting. It is much bigger and more detailed than I expected but it's brilliant.

It breaks down not only the culinary specialities (which was what I was looking for) but also many greek traditions and elements of their lifestyle.

Really interesting and different. Very pleased with it
on 29 April 2015
This is a beautiful book. Having owned a copy for many years I bought this copy for a present. The book covers all aspects of Greek food and drink. It is broken down into the geographical regions of Greece. The illustrations are magnificent and the recipes are clear and concise. A must have for all Grecophiles!
on 17 September 2009
I bought this book as an "ideas" source, and as a teacher of Greek and Eastern Mediterranean cooking, found it wonderful to work with. Not only does it have great recipes, they are simple to follow. Lots of history and lovely images makes this an invaluable book for beginners and experts!
on 18 August 2010
This book looks and feels like Greece. It's arranged by geographical area, and filled with information, anecdotes and pictures as well as recipes. All the recipes you need are there and simply laid out, but it is so much more than just a recipe book. Lovely.
on 14 March 2011
Hi there I bought this book and can highly recommend it ,if you want the real traditional food and some history added this is the book for you, don,t miss out worth every penny.
on 14 April 2014
This is a well researched book, full of interesting information and recipes. It fits well with other Culinaria titles and is of the same high standard. I cannot fault it.
on 31 August 2010
This is the best greek cookery book we've got....and we've got a lot.
It was delivered quickly and is amazing for the price.
five stars all round.
on 31 May 2010
This is not a recipe book. It is a book about Greece with some recipes here and there. The trouble is that I feel like I have to LOOK FOR the recipes in a book full of what (to me, being simply after a clear and good recipe for the stuffed tomatoes I had in Crete and stuff like that)is absolutely useless information.
Someone in another review I read said it's full of beautiful pictures. It is, but they are NOT the pictures of the executed dishes. They are charming (albeit a little stereotypical) pictures of local people making cheese or posing with their fishing nets...etc...

A nice book for the coffee table, but I doubt it will find a place in my kitchen. It is not practical. Someone else may like this kind of format but I like to have 1 recipe on 1 page and a beautiful picture of the executed dish on the opposite page...that's how I like my cook books.
on 30 October 2010
Very good comprehensive information, but you need a magnifying glass to read the tiny print.