5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime volume of once in a lifetime photographs
Published 10 months ago by Ollie Govett

3.0 out of 5 stars ok photographs
Published 6 months ago by S. F. Spooner

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime volume of once in a lifetime photographs, 28 Sep 2013
This review is from: Before They Pass Away (Hardcover)
I read about Jimmy Nelson on the Telegraph website. His new volume of images being released in a book called ' Before they Pass Away' caught my attention. Travel and Portraiture is my passion in photography and Jimmy nelson is one of the best. Bargain price aside, this is an absolute treat. If you love high level wonderful portrait photography, then buy it. If you know someone who appreciates the same - buy it. If you are interested in what our kids may not see in 20 years time, buy it, show it to them in 20 years when they will not be able to go to Kenya and see real tribes living their lives. Become immersed in photographs thats are so sublime, you feel you could reach out and touch the subject. In a lot of ways, this book is so sad. Beautiful, innocent tribes, people, families, children and cultures are being washed away right in front of us. Jimmy has caught our attention with this and not only has the stunning images, but also includes a description of them and a section about teach tribe's history. The book is epic - it's the only word for it. A masterpiece of wondrous photography and detail. Show everyone, treasure it and do something to help raise awareness of the plight of these spectacular people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book - awesome photographs and informative details., 25 Oct 2013
Ms. J. E. Vesey "Janet V. MusicMad" (Co, Cork. Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Before They Pass Away (Hardcover)
I love this amazing book. It is by far the biggest and heaviest volume in my library.
Worth every penny. These fantastic tribes must never be forgotten. Totally stunning.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book., 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: Before They Pass Away (Hardcover)
Beautifully written with amazing photographs. My husband loved his Xmas gift. Visitors often browse when they see it on the coffee table.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!, 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: Before They Pass Away (Hardcover)
Beautiful book! Love the pictures, love the story! A must have for everyone! It's a very large and heavy book, nice to keep it on the table and to look at one page a day!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best purchase I have made in a long time., 15 Nov 2013
This review is from: Before They Pass Away (Hardcover)
It's already an amazing book for its original price but for this discounted offer, you just cant go wrong. For me this book is holy, and I treat it as so. The images are beautiful, the descriptions fascinating, the landscapes grand. The photographer Jimmy Nelson did a service to humanity by preserving the memory of all these people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 20 Oct 2013
This review is from: Before They Pass Away (Hardcover)
This book has the most amazing photos I have ever seen. It's fascinating and beautiful.
Downside is that it is so heavy and therefore not one to look at in bed! Sturdy coffee table required.
Fabulous if you are interested in all the different cultures around the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking images., 27 Oct 2013
This review is from: Before They Pass Away (Hardcover)
The quality of the photographs is stunningly good. It is so gratifying that the information they contain is preserved for future generations, as well as informing those of us fortunate enough to see them now.
The only slight gripe is the weight of the book,perhaps it could have been produced in more than one volume

3.0 out of 5 stars ok photographs, 21 Jan 2014
S. F. Spooner "sfspooner" (sheffield,england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Before They Pass Away (Hardcover)
I bought the book unseen having read all the glowing reviews. I must say I am disappointed. Jimmy Nelson must have put in a prodigious effort to visit all these people(s). Sometimes he gets it right but I began to tire of the men arranged in a row brandishing guns / weapons. The colours are also rather muted and that seems to miss out for certain groups like the maasai and samburu, both of which I have spent time with. The book is a bit like a Salgado type of epic portrayal of something disappearing but without his eye or talent or a book of portraits from distant lands like McCurry but without his emotional impact. The book is rather expensive and I feel it is one to look at before buying.

1.0 out of 5 stars French Dust Cover, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Before They Pass Away (Hardcover)
May I start this review by declaring an interest and stating that I work for Amazon. I have seen many hundreds of these books go out of the door and thought it would make a great Birthday present for my Dad. It would have done so if he could speak French but unfortunately he can't. The book is absolutely fantastic and in my opinion well worth the money but I'm very disappointed with the cover. The cover titles are in French along with the forward and is not as advertised. In the book details it does state that it has text in English/French/German so I guess that's the reason for this. Would it not be better to have an option to choose what you would like?

My rating for the book 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟👍

My rating for the French dust cover and titles 🌟👎

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye opening masterpiece on a world we generally take for granted or are naive about, 18 Oct 2013
Mr. Peter S. Holden (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Before They Pass Away (Hardcover)
An amazing photographic depiction of tiny tribes and civilisations we in the Western Hemisphere know little about. Jimmy Nelson covered the unique people in their element. These people trusted his commitment and special manner in which he defined their life long traditions. A rare view of life that will someday disappear from our civilisation unfortunately.

Before They Pass Away
Before They Pass Away by Jimmy Nelson (Hardcover - 6 Sep 2013)
70.00