‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Such stuff as dreams are made on, 20 July 2008
J. Cattaneo (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pictures (Hardcover)
A sumptuous feast of a book - already a fan of Tim Walker's work, I could not believe just how much this tome does it justice! It's huge in size and heavy in weight, so you can't just flick through it - you are aware of the effort of turning each page. And each page produces a new surprise or delight. Ballerinas pirouetting under a dome of animal skulls. A brook babbling through a baroque bedroom. An enormous cardboard swan, lit with lanterns, washed up on a windswept beach. None of this has been electronically manipulated - it's all 'real'.
This volume should deight artists, designers, photographers, fashionistas, theatrical folk and all those who love fairytales. Walker is generous with the pages of his scrapbooks - it's fascinating to trace his creativity through the sources of his inspiration. A terrific buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars buy this book now!!!, 22 Aug 2008
Elisabeth Page (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pictures (Hardcover)
I have just bought this book and can honestly say it is now my absolutely favourite book. Tim Walker's photographs are so imaginative, wacky and beautifully shot, that this book is guaranteed to inspire you. If you have been considering buying this book but perhaps are hesitating over its price as I did, (although there is a considerable discount if you buy it on amazon) I would urge you to buy it now as it is worth every penny. The only problem with it is that it is so huge that I have no idea where I am going to keep it, but no doubt I shall make a space for it somewhere in a prominent position where I can look at it every day!
If you do buy it I hope you enjoy and love it as much as I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tim Walker pictures, 1 Feb 2009
Pictures
This is a beautiful book, great production, great pictures. Very large and heavy, you need some space for it! Fabulous for a present, good value for money. Highly recommended...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great showcase of Tim Walker's work, 4 Oct 2012
This review is from: Pictures (Hardcover)
What a fantastic book! It is quite an impressive tome and the pictures are reproduced beautifully. A great buy for any fan of fashion photography.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterpiece, 25 May 2009
S. K. Kemp - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pictures (Hardcover)
This book is truly beautiful, a modern masterpiece. I bought it after hearing fantastic reviews and every word I had heard rang true in the pages. I would recommend this book to anyone who has an interest in photography and the beautiful art this medium can produce. Tim Walker is a visionary genius.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff!, 4 April 2009
M. L. Owens "Lau_Photo" (South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pictures (Hardcover)
was really happy with the half price sale on this book well worth the money [even by paying the full price for it]. would recommend to any one interested in photography [mainly fashion] but gives a good insight to the way professionals work and use their creative imagination with no photoshop. excellent buy

5.0 out of 5 stars The most beautiful book you will ever own!, 5 Dec 2011
This review is from: Pictures (Hardcover)
This item was bought for me as a birthday present, and it is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful things I own! Page after page of Tim Walker gorgeousness with excerpts from his scrapbooks and rare editorials. HUGE full colour pages on lovely quality paper, reading this book is an escapism into the wonderful strang world that Mr. Walker creates. It's one of my pocessions I would attempt to save in a fire! I love it that much!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 21 May 2011
This review is from: Pictures (Hardcover)
Tim Walker is a very good photographer and the book shows it. There are a lot of photoes made by him from his youthness, so it is very useful to know his evolution in his works.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a dream!, 19 May 2010
Aimee Walker "reklaweemia" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pictures (Hardcover)
A book to eliminate all rainy days. The reviews and comments on this book already do it justice, and the extra protective layer just adds more glory to this delicious book. Even if you are not into fashion photography, this book has such beautiful pages, and the photographs hold such wonderful colour and composition that all should be able to admire Tim Walker's imagination.

5.0 out of 5 stars GORGEOUS BOOK/ALBUM, 28 Aug 2009
This review is from: Pictures (Hardcover)
I do not own a lot of album books, but will keep this one forever. I saw a lot of his work online, but it looks way different in a book. I loved selection of photos that have been chosen, I loved every single one of them and got extremely surprised by reading little note in the end saying that none of photographs were digitally edited.
There were some that looked so dreamy and unreal, that you wouldn`t believe there weren`t touched by PS.

I also liked this additional fact that book was covered in carton box with cover picture on it, creating perfect protection for the book.

Book was very inspiring, seeing his sketches made me see my own ones from the past and it brought warm feeling. His creative head is full of ideas, full of unconventional situations. I simply love it ! ... and would recommend it as a perfect gift for photography lovers, especially creative ones.

General: PERFECT

Pros:
- hard cover + carton box with the same picture as on the book cover (additional protection)
- great selection of pictures
- size of pictures inside - they are big
- sketches that show what he had in mind - great inspiration
- unknown pictures that are not online, showing him not only as fashion/conceptual photographer, but also great catcher for other situations

Cons
hmmm, I can`t think of any at the moment ;)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Pictures
Pictures by Tim Walker (Hardcover - 1 May 2008)
45.50