5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have Guide to Istanbul
Preparing for a 3 day trip to Istanbul, and needing somewhere to stay, as well as the most important sites to visit, we sifted through a few travel books in a book shop. We decided straight away that this was the most complete, informative and useful guide for us -----so on to the Amazon website to order it!

The section for 1 or 2 or 3 days in Istanbul was a...
Published on 1 Aug 2010 by brenarth

3.0 out of 5 stars OK - could do better
Another disappointing Top 10...
To be honest, a city the size and magnitude of Istanbul really deserves more coverage than this little number. Compare the size of the Top 10 Rome with this one and you'll see what I mean.
Published on 5 Mar 2012 by DaisyBelle

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have Guide to Istanbul, 1 Aug 2010

The section for 1 or 2 or 3 days in Istanbul was a great help in deciding our hotel (many are redcommended in differing price ranges and areas) and the tourist sites are described in detail, thereby reducing the need for an expensive guide. We do not go until October, but will definately be using the shopping and restaurant sections whilst there.

The maps are excellent and the whole book easy to carry around, with good layout.

5.0 out of 5 stars Travel guide of Istanbul, 24 Nov 2010
An excellent guide to Istanbul. Small enough to carry in a pocket but enough information for a short visit as it features all the major sites and plenty of general details.

4.0 out of 5 stars a good wee guide, 21 Aug 2009
a good a ccurate small guide but a bit too simplistic due to its style/size it is not in the same league as the D&K hardback guides

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide book, 14 April 2010
J. Redman (Surrey) - See all my reviews
I loved the size of this book, the concise informative content and the map. I've lent it to friends who were all equally impressed.

I don't like looking like a tourist, but when you've only got a couple of days in a new city needs must!

4.0 out of 5 stars Istanbul guide, 22 Oct 2010
This is an excellent book for a short trip to Istanbul. The Top 10 tips on each section allows you to get to all the important parts of the City easily. There are pictures and maps taht help - plus a very handy fold out map.
For a longer trip though I would recommend the larger format DK Guide

3.0 out of 5 stars OK - could do better, 5 Mar 2012
Another disappointing Top 10...
Due to the lack of detail/depth - which it can do in the Top 10 series (e.g. Rome!) - I didn't use this at all when out in Istanbul. I preferred the sister DK title - the regular 'Istanbul' one. Maps were generally of no use on the ground but helpful enough for planning where roughly sites were laid out.
Can't really recommend this title and hoping the next Top 10 I pick up is an improvement as I love the size and concept!

4.0 out of 5 stars Handbag size, 29 Sep 2011
Rosemary Wood (Shrewsbury) - See all my reviews
Only away 5 days wanted small easy read basic guide book for handbag.
Friend came with bigger version only showing off!!
All information I needed plus map (small so may need your glasses)

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite Helpful, 14 Nov 2010
Dr. J. Navin Rao "Navin Rao" (Eastbourne, UK) - See all my reviews
I used it when I went to Istanbul... and since I didnt have much time this book was useful to select what to see and what to leave for later. Also the price is very reasonable.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for that trip to Istanbul, 29 Jun 2010
These DK Eyewitness guides are, in my opinion, the most user friendly and attractive for a short trip to most places. We were there for a limited time and the top ten was great at narrowing down what we wanted to see. A definite recommend for those visiting Istanbul. Would benefit from more information on good authentic restaurants etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Guide Book, 21 Sep 2009
Mrs. Claire Davies (Sth. Croydon, Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Great book for city break or longer. Very easy to read/use. Highly reccommend any of this series.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Istanbul
Istanbul by Melissa Shales (Perfect Paperback - Aug 2013)
7.76