Format: Map|Change

on 24 August 2013
I have just used this map for a week to drive around Tuscany independently and I highly recommend it. I chose it because it had the highest scale that I could find, 1 to 200,000, and this provided excellent detail of all the minor roads which was most useful. It is laminated and hard wearing which meant that ice-cream can be wiped off it and leave no marks - very important in Italy! It also withstood being folded against its creases in many different conformations without cracking or tearing. It has a labelling system of towns and villages that highlights the best ones for a tourist to visit, and also marks the best geographical features as well as marking the roads with the best scenic drives. The key was in English which was very helpful. The map itself was very up to date with new roads on it that were not present on the satnav that came with my hire care. I have had no problems with this map at all and wish all tourist maps were this good.
on 15 August 2013
We were touring independenpantly in Tuscany and the map was ideal it gives all the loacl points of interest and was easy to use and being water proof it does not damage when folding and unfolding the size is just right to put in a pocket
on 25 October 2013
Some of the roads were difficult to trace on the map as they did not have sufficient road number identification showing at regular intervals as I am used to in UK maps. You had to trace the road back some way to find if it was the correct road. Fortunately I planned well ahead and we had to use the map to quickly find a route it would have been a struggle. Top marks for being laminated though/
on 4 August 2015
Oh, how I missed a Michelin map as we drove out of Florence and on down into the Tuscan countryside!
I was sold on the reviews of this map and especially its practical size, but it was woefully disappointing compared to even the same-brand map of Sicily, which got us around well enough last summer.
Would be useful for those who like to see "places of interest" clearly marked along the way, but we had to find a wedding venue buried deep in Tuscan wine-growing territory and I couldn't help but compare this little map to the every-dirt-track-indicated style of Michelin and know which one I'll choose next time.
on 1 October 2013
Useful size and scale. Laminated to reduce wear. Places of particular interest are marked. Recommended.
Signage in Italy can be mysterious compared with the map, usually for a good reason with minor roads used to bypass towns.
on 24 March 2015
This map is of robust construction and is easy to fold and unfold without damaging but that is about it.
The scale is really too large to be very helpful.
It's OK for locating main towns but with Italian road signing being what it is there is insufficient small detail.
If you can use it to actually reach your destination, once there, get a local Ordnance Survey map from the Tourist Office to help with local navigation and exploration.
on 25 August 2015
While this map tries to be practical by being pocket sized it is far too small to give a reasonable amount of detail. while a road map might be superfluous due to sat nav this isn't detailed enough even to show the minor roads. It falls between tow horses and could improve by staying the same size and covering a smaller area or being much bigger.
on 19 May 2015
Handy laminated map, 1:200,000 scale so ok for main roads towns and villages .We used it to travel around Tuscany
My only problem with it is its quite unweildy to open & fold & turn over map while sitting in front of car with out blocking the drivers view of the road....guess have to get a bigger car next time !.
on 23 March 2016
Useless map. Size of this map is too small so automatically font is smaller. Road map have to be clear / readable. I don't need wearing glasses but for this map magnifier should be as a free gift.
VINE VOICEon 28 June 2016
Really useful map, helped us find our way around Tuscany, especially when the Satnav decided that the routes we were going to go down were not really what we wanted.