5.0 out of 5 stars Taschen- love it- read it- keep it., 14 Aug 2009
Excellent choice of pictures with the text straight to the point and hardcover for this price... I really enyojed this book and many other Taschen published books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain - buy it if only to look at the pictures, 10 Dec 2010
Hardback, large book. The text is good but the pictures are wonderful with some superb contemporary photographs too. T-L's story is wonderfully tragic and recounted well but Im yet to finish reading it because the art is so distracting! This book is great to pick up and flick through as are most of the Taschen 25th Anniversary books. I have bought several and am yet to be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite Artists., 14 Feb 2013
Love this big book and often gaze through it for inspiration. Tashen books are beautiful and this is one of their best. I just love the way he draws in paint, and the large pages allow you to immerse yourself in his genius.

There is nothing not to like about this book if you like Lautrec. It is very well written and researched. For the priceI paid for it 5.19 it's a quality bargin.

I have a small library of Tashen books, when I die I'm sure they will make a young artist very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars made me rethink Toulouse Lautrec, 29 Oct 2011
Mr. Robert Marsland (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
I was given a copy of this book a couple of years back and not being fully familiar with Lautrec's work I can't say I was over excited. However, I knew only his kind of poster caricatures for which he is best known and which I am not that fond of, whereas much of this volume is given over to his earlier work which is somewhat more conservative, but are on the other hand very finely executed paintings and I found them very enjoyable to look at. As for the text I can't really comment, although what little I did read was well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased, 19 April 2011
This was bought as a gift so not read by me but the birthday boy was very pleased with his pressie!

Henri De Toulouse-Lautrec (Big Art)
Henri De Toulouse-Lautrec (Big Art) by Gilles Neret (Paperback - Nov 1994)
Used & New from: 4.44