Format: Hardcover|Change

on 24 November 2009
All the greats of Pop Art are represented here: Warhol, Lichtenstein, Blake, Keinholz, and Rauschenberg. The Pop Art movement was one that tried not to take itself too seriously, and that sense of fun is very evident here.
Interesting and informative text,as well as large and clear reproductions of the icons of Pop,make this an excellent starting point on the subject. Highly recommended.
on 9 July 2012
This was bought as a present for a modern art lover. It was delivered very quickly despite the Christmas rush. It was a lovely, informative book, I would recommend it for pop art fans.
on 7 September 2008
its a general over view of the pop art era. it is informative and good for those who want to know more about the movement with out the waffle attached.
on 24 September 2012
Colorful, happy and complete. Taschen's 'Pop Art' is just something more than a book about the story of Pop Art... In these pages lay masters such as (but not limited to) Andy Warhol, Roy Lichtenstein, Claes Oldenberg, James Rosenquist and Richard Hamilton, in a retrospective of Pop Art, from its origins and throughout. Plus, it features the work and biographies of the 8 basic masters of Pop Art, and at the end of the book there are short biographies of many other Pop Artists.
on 5 March 2014
I saw my granddaughter (16) gazing at this book in Waterstones and it reminded me of my late discovery of modern art. I made a note of the book title and stored it away awaiting her birthday. I can only review my delight over this book as her birthday isn't until April 5 but I'm hoping that this book will open up and deepen her interest in art . . . . I'm sure the potential is there and this could be a catalyst?!
on 18 May 2015
I was disappointed that when it arrived, as it didn't have a Marilyn cover, as shown. I'd specifically wanted the Marilyn cover and it was a present, so was very disappointed. However it arrived promptly and the supplier was more than helpful trying to source me the cover I was after, so can't fault them. Otherwise, it's an excellent Pop Art book.
on 4 June 2013
This hardback book is amazing value, £6.99 and great quality. It covers many of the ground breaking pop artists of recent years and some I had never heard of, Taschen books are informative and the photo reproductions are very good.
on 3 June 2014
Ok this is just a classic, its a Taschen, the quality and size says it from a distance and it is just a must have for the coffee table. Nothing much to wonder about, just get one.
on 28 February 2013
Really Brilliant value for a lot of pages and it covers all the pop artists that were really great and it is definately worth having if you are doing GCSE Art.
on 30 December 2012
Very good and nice book about Pop Art .Beautifule pictures .The book is high quality and it is good for people who, are intrested
in pop art