on 13 October 2002
This book is really for people who absolutely love Giger's work - there is just so much of it here. Including that fabulous dining table and chairs and the bar in Switzerland. If anything, this book opened my eyes to more of Giger's work, I had always thought of him as the bloke with the Aliens to his credit and a million student calendars! The severity of the work has always 'jarred' me, by which I mean that it has made me pay attention to it. While I prefer the monochrome shades which dominate the majority of his work, it was interesting to see the more colourful pieces. A couple of pictures at the end of this large tome let the book down as the model gives them away as being a bit dated, but that was the only disappointment. It really is a fantastic item.
on 19 February 2014
I bought this for my boyfriend as a present, I thought I'd have a flick through whilst wrapping.... An hour later, I was still reading it! Ooops! This is such a good book, showcasing his work beautifully. I would reccomend this book to new fans of his art and to his existing fans as its just such a lovely book to own, a nice big hardback too, well thought out with lots of pictures and annotations, a perfect present to oneself or indeed if you can part with it anyone else!
on 20 February 2014
Wow. This just arrived in the post. I was VERY skeptical that a hardcover book of HR Gigers work could be purchased for around £6. I expected something terrible, badly printed, battered, second hand, poor binding. But the reality is that its actually quite beautiful! Nicely printed, nicely bound and a good choice of pictures and text. Fascinating read. It can be pretty "explicit" at times. But if you are a fan of his work this is money well spent.
on 31 March 2014
This book was used but in a good condition and at a bargain price. I think its a thorough look at Giger's work and life. Its pretty full on and quite explicit but thats the shock value and very much part of the works impact.
I purchased it to lead me to pastures new with my own artwork and I was surprised to see how dark Giger,s work actually is. Visceral and disconcerting he works with a variety of mediums and delivers a signature blend of horrific yet enthralling images that tap in to the dark sides of our soul.
on 20 June 2010
Just what i needed as an Art teacher,great illustrations from most of his career..
Show with caution..his work is VERY explicit!
on 24 December 2012
The book arrived really promptly and in great condition. I feel the book was fantastic value for money and was larger than I expected. Bought as a present for my son and he loved it!
on 20 September 2014
Very good value large book with lots of great quality pictures. Arrived promptly, a real bargain.
on 18 December 2014
Beautiful book choc full of the Biomechanical master's works. Print quality is impeccable.
on 27 December 2014
Excellent.Warehouse purchase at significantly reduced price.
on 26 November 2014
Get this book for a friend as a gift. She really loved it!