5.0 out of 5 stars More practice needed!
Having returned to the piano after a break of 20 odd years... I wanted to get a few piano books to give me a bit of a challenge and improve my playing. This book does just that, with a good mix of simpler pieces mixed in with more challenging ones. The pieces appear in artist order - so the difficulty does jump from piece to piece.

So far, I've not found a...
Published on 3 Jun 2012 by Paulie W

3.0 out of 5 stars TOO EASY
I found the arrangements were far too easy. Even if it says "easy" on the cover page (with small letters), this is for young beginners. The selection is fine.
Published 23 months ago by Graciela Syversen

5.0 out of 5 stars More practice needed!, 3 Jun 2012
This review is from: Für Elise - The 100 most beautiful classical Piano Pieces - Pianissimo series - piano (Paperback)

So far, I've not found a piece that is incomplete - some books do seem to miss out parts of an intro for example that appear on a familiar recording.

All in all, great value for money and enough variety in the 100 pieces to keep you happy for hours if not weeks (or in my case, years!). Finding and listening to the tracks to understand how they ought to be played might be a different matter though - but no fault of the book!

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely great book- exactly as it says on the cover, 20 Feb 2013
this is my favourite book of piano music- I am an adult learner and have started palying again after 20 years, I wanted to play just for pleasure and am not taking grades so I chose this book because melody and feeling is really important to me in what I want to play and listen to. This book has 100 dufferent pieces of music with a range of difficulties from 2-4 I beleive. I am working my way through the whole book in the order of pieces that appeal to me and that I can play at my current level. I think there is also a great sense of satisfaction when you have learned each well known piece and can play it as for me, it is a marker of my progression. The pieces have suggested fingering which is useful and also introduce some technical bits like slurs etc. Another thing I like about it is that is is a useful starting point for finding other music so you can say- I liked this sonatine... I wonder what other pieces this composer has written... for example and then ask people.
Its a real treasure trove and my best buy for quite some time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love that, 13 May 2014
L. Reverendo (Portugal) - See all my reviews
I bought this, I am a 5 year student on piano, and all pieces are amazing. Well protected when arrived. Excellent quality. I recomend to anyone who want plays beautiful pieces like "Für Elise", my favorite one.

4.0 out of 5 stars it is easy level, but lots of good classics, 7 Jan 2012
i bought this as a gift, but hadnt noticed it was easy level - my friend seemed to like it very much tho, and there were lots of real classics so easy or not it was a good one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Nov 2013
Mrs M "Diane" (Rochford, Essex) - See all my reviews
Great book, you must have it!
A good selection of pieces suitable for all, with a variety of styles and standards.

3.0 out of 5 stars TOO EASY, 7 Jan 2013
Graciela Syversen "Darbujente" (Darbu, Norway) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Fur Elise, 20 May 2014
I was really looking forward to this arriving but then ended up being disappointed. My husband and I are not strangers to classical music and yet we found very little in this book that we knew. Some of the composers we hadn't even heard of. Overall a disappointment

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Sep 2013