5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reminder of a great exhibition, 11 Nov. 2013
This review is from: James Turrell: A Retrospective (Hardcover)
I saw this exhibition in Los Angeles at the end of September. A very moving experience. The catalogue is a comprehensive summary of James Turrell's work. As well as including the exhibition constructions it includes chapters on his ongoing project at the Roden Crater (much talked about but previously few photographs or documents have been published) and photographs of all the sky spaces he has built across the world. Essays are scholarly but accessible. A lovely, if weighty production. I ordered mine the night before I left LA and was woken at 8.00 by the Amazon delivery the first morning of my arrival home - which meant it arrived 12 hours after I did and I didn't have to carry it on the flight back to London!! James Turrell has just been voted one of the 12 most important living artists in a Vanity Fair poll and this is an excellent summary of his career to-date.

5.0 out of 5 stars James Turrell, 16 Jun. 2014
This review is from: James Turrell: A Retrospective (Hardcover)
Unbelievable quality of publication. It includes a series of very interesting essays and countless images of high-quality printing. I'd recommend to anyone who's interested in light art, installation art or just wants to add a great publication in their collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 1 Sept. 2014
R. Dennistoun (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: James Turrell: A Retrospective (Hardcover)
As I am a huge fan of James Turrell I can only say: another winner. A book to be dipped into and considered. I love it!

James Turrell: A Retrospective
James Turrell: A Retrospective by Christine Y. Kim (Hardcover - 31 May 2013)