5.0 out of 5 stars i'm one:21st century mods....photo picture book., 2 April 2014
This review is from: I'm One: 21st Century Mods (Paperback)
great book for visual referefnce on mod fashion/style.....a great buy at the price. i'd recommend the book to anyone interested in mod fashion & culture.

4.0 out of 5 stars Distinct Sixties fashion surviving to our days, 15 Jun 2013
W R Visser (Leusden Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'm One: 21st Century Mods (Paperback)
'I'm one' deals with Mods -- a youngster-movement from the Sixties. Back then its followers identified themselves by their appearance in smart clothes. Sharply taylored in the youngsters' fashion of those days, and supplemented by gadgets such as a scooter with lots of backward-mirrors. Needed to watch yourself, and - second place - the traffic behind you.

In the Sixties the famous British pop-group 'the Who' used Mod to promote their career. They left us with lots of photographs showing them as Mods, and - above all - with a true Mod-song-classic called 'I can't Explain'. A good decade later 'the Who' produced a film about the most famous Mod-event of all: their street-battles with 'the Rockers' from 1964 in Brighton.

Back to the book. Surprisingly it's about the Mods of our 21st century, showing them sharply Mod-taylored in a collection of fine photographs. I didn't even know that Sixties-Mod-fashion survived up to our days, but this book proves it does. Complete with an enthousiastic statement of Pete Townshend on its back cover.

For those who aren't aware: Pete Townshend was the Who's leadguitarist, as well as the group's main song-composer. Back in the Sixties.

I'm One: 21st Century Mods
I'm One: 21st Century Mods by Horst A. Friedrichs (Paperback - 29 Mar 2013)
10.49