on 22 June 2012
Took a while to find a decent road map for Romania in the UK. This was the only one I could find at a decent scale. Clear, detailed and accurate, with a useful map of Bucharest thrown in. Don't be put off by this being a German map - everything's got an English translation.
on 23 June 2015
I think this is probably the best map one can get of Romania... the problem seems to be more that Romania have not yet built all the roads - or finished them, that they are supposed to have done and therefore you can be tricked into thinking that the swathes of super highway exists! The other problem is that the majority of roads in Romania are tiny and although a lot of them are on the map it can, at times, be entirely impossible to know which road you are on, which direction it is leading you and there are lots of villages that do not figure on the map. Having said that, there was only one place in my entire trip that this map failed to get me to. So, all in all, would recommend
on 27 December 2013
Last time I visited Romania my GPS TomTom device really struggled with the more minor roads, this map looks OK and I hope this map will help me next time.
on 18 December 2012
Rather large and printed on two sides so not one to get out whilst driving! An excellent map though, clear and well printed.
on 4 October 2014
Very useful if like us you are touring the painted churches of Bucovina without a guide.
on 19 September 2015
Probably one of the best large-scale maps of Romania available. Very detailed. Unfortunate that Freytag & Berndt don't acknowledge miles exist as they do not use a mile ruler scale as well as kilometres on any of their maps. They have ignored my emails when I asked them about this too.
on 9 March 2016