on 18 May 2009
This is a very good map - very clear but with all essential details for a map of this scale (1:400,000). In my view, having researched the market, it is the best map of Bulgaria available in this country and is ideal for route planning and medium to long distance journeys. If you want something that gives a lot of local detail then this might not be for you, but there doesn't seem to be anything on a smaller scale available outside Bulgaria.
on 28 April 2009
I was looking for a well coloured and clearly marked map without too much overpowering detail to introduce me to a country I knew little about but intended to drive in. This map is excellent, a good large scale, very simple for road, rail transport systems and main features. It ranges from over the danube into rumania and over the borders with greece and turkey. The towns are printed in bold in both english and bulgarian, (essential, but not always the case in all maps - beware!). The villages are shown in fainter print but just as easy to see. I found the small village I was looking for very easily. Included is a city map of Sophia, a full index of towns with their postcodes and postition on the map.
on 9 December 2010
a nice map - the towns spelt in Cyrillic and Roman alphabets is very useful as many signs are just in Cyrillic. This is a high level map and many smaller towns/villages are not shown - but you do get the whole country. The map is out of date as some major roads have been built which aren't shown as even planned on the map - having said that we used it to cover the whole country and used it as our only reference. Never got lost once, so guess it did its job.
on 14 June 2012
This is a great map for route planning or sightseeing. The map is uncluttered but still has all the detail you need. The roads are clear, lots of small villages are marked, and the place names are in both Cyrillic and Western alphabets.
You can get a good indication of the relief too due to the subtle shading.
The Legend is in several European languages.
on 24 June 2010
This is the right one for cycling, it shows the names in Cyrillic alphabet and the scale is good. I did a lot of searching for this one after disapointment from a previous map.
on 3 July 2009
The map was very good but with the development of the country they are building new roads that are not on the map and also changing the numbers of the old ones. This map must be rather out of date. Could not find a date on it. So be careful or like us you could be heading for the Greek boarder post!
on 16 February 2009
The map is a good scale of the country and shows all the necessary roads.The price was good
on 25 April 2013
I chose this map as it was one of the largest scale maps of the country. It is also useful that the names are in western lettering as well as Cyrillic. I must admit however, because I was looking at the lower half of the map I had not discovered the index which would have been very useful in making it easier to find the small towns we were visiting.
on 26 February 2013
excellent scaling and good clear detail.
however this is either a German or Austrian map so therefore some of the spelling of the towns and cities do need a little interpretation.
on 8 June 2014
I would recommend this map for anyone travelling. Has loads of detail. Everything that we needed on this map! Very happy! :)