5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest book I have ever read., 3 May 2006
Dzenis "Thuggy" (Novi Pazar, Serbia and Montenegro) - See all my reviews
I'm fourteen year old kid. I live in small town in Serbia and drugs are very, well, let me say popular in here. When I read this book I was really in awe. It's amazing how everything is explained. I won't discover any details but I really recommend to each and every one of you guys to read it, especially teenagers - it will really change your view on drugs and sutff...

5.0 out of 5 stars There must be an english version out there!!!, 14 Aug 2005
This review is from: Kinder Von Bahnhof Zu (Ein Stern-Buch) (Paperback)
I'm currently taking German A-Level, and my teacher recommended this book to me. It's such a fascinating and tragic read, the book is written with such openess that it leaves you in awe! There must be an english version of it somewhere, I really want my friends to read this, but unless I can find an english version it won't happen. So please anyone outhere knowing of this book being translated please let me know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ladies and gentlemen, one of the best books I ever read., 24 Feb 2002
This review is from: Kinder Von Bahnhof Zu (Ein Stern-Buch) (Paperback)
This book is about teenager's life in a Berlin's poor quarter back in the 70s.
A true story which will literarily shock you, a true story written with the everyday language of a 14 years old girl, whose words are put together by two German journalists.
A true story which I think should be taught and read, and not repressed, which in fact is.
Please, you may want to read it, it really is worth.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have read it in English - over 20 years ago though!!, 23 July 2005
This review is from: Kinder Von Bahnhof Zu (Ein Stern-Buch) (Paperback)
Just went on line to see whether I could get hold of 'Christiana F' for my daughter to read. I read it as an English version; but over twenty years ago. Of all the books I have ever read this one always springs to mind as an amazing read.
I would love to read the book again and for my children to read it..... think I must have leant my copy to a friend because I don't have it anymore and I know I wouldn't have thrown it away.
A harrowing, disturbing but incredible story.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most poweful books I have ever read, 27 Feb 2004
This review is from: Kinder Von Bahnhof Zu (Ein Stern-Buch) (Paperback)
I borrowed this book from one of my German school-exchange partners & although had just taken my GCSE at the time, I found I could understand the vast majority of the book, as it was written by a teenager and therefore doesn't contain many complicated words!
I have tried to buy this book several times in the *cough* 13 years *cough* since I read it, but always found it was out of print. So when I found out a couple of years ago that this book had come back into print I just had to buy it.
Wir Kinder Vom Bahnhof Zoo really is one of the most powerful books I have ever read, if you are a parent of German speaking children I would thoroughly reccommend you give them this to read when they are about 14 or 15. I'm sure it will definately make them think twice about taking drugs!
Like all the best books I have ever read the 'characters' in the book really do leep out at you, you can just imagine being in 1970's Berlin alongside these teenagers.
I think that this book is so powerful that if it were ever translated into English (& why I ask hasn't it been already???) it should be taught in our schools.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 27 April 2008
This review is from: Kinder Von Bahnhof Zu (Ein Stern-Buch) (Paperback)
It has been translated and i read the translated version aorund 20years ago myself - put me off ever trying anyhting!
brilliant story though - well worth the read

5.0 out of 5 stars Christiana F, 30 Mar 2006
This review is from: Kinder Von Bahnhof Zu (Ein Stern-Buch) (Paperback)
I read this book in english also over twenty years ago. I have just finished reading a million little pieces by James Frey and it so took me back to my early teenage years when i read Christiana f. That book had such a profound effect on me as a teenager that i have never forgatten it!! I want to read it again and thought i would find it on amazon. I would also love for my teenage daughter and all my friends to read it too.
A million little pieces is also excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If there is a copy of this in english anywhere i would love to buy it...

Kinder Von Bahnhof Zu (Ein Stern-Buch)
Kinder Von Bahnhof Zu (Ein Stern-Buch) by F. Christiana (Paperback - 1981)
Used & New from: 11.96