1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Vorsicht !, 5 July 2010
This review is from: Erinnerungen (Paperback)
A word of warning. This book is written in the native language of the author ie: German.

Foolishly, I thought that the title was merely a publishing conceit given the author's nationality, how wrong can you be? It is no-one's fault but my own that I purchased it, especially as the language is stated in the small print that few of us, me especially, bother to read.

If, like me, you are not fluent in German, and if not why not, then I recommend that you buy 'Inside the Third Reich' also obviously by Albert Speer, why obviously? Because it is exactly the same book, merely a translation into English, how I wish I'd read the small print I could have saved a fair sum of money. However, every cloud has a silver lining, I'm sure reading 'Erinnerungen' will do my German language skills no end of good. In mitigation I must plead that erinnerungen is German for reminiscences, or memoirs, hardly the same as the English title as I'm sure you'll agree.

Why the four stars? Because the English language version is an enlightening read.

Erinnerungen
Erinnerungen by Albert Speer (Paperback - Mar 2005)
6.93