Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 August 2010
This is an interesting and useful read for those about to embark on writing their first screenplay or for those studying film/media at college or university. It is also a great book for those with the often inevitable writer's block!

The author covers a variety of screen writing issues such as script form, character development, choosing a genre, developing tone and developing and re-writing drafts. The content is split into digestible chapters with sections within these. I've found this really useful when I'm flicking through for ideas or looking for a specific topic to revise on. It also meant that when I read the book for the first time I did not feel overwhelmed by a subject which was new to me. The glossary at the back is also very handy.

The screenwriter interviews were inspiring - I really enjoyed reading about Mark Herman (writer of `Brassed Off' amongst others). These, combined with other examples and visual case studies made this an engaging and motivational read. I am glad I read this book, I don't think I've found another on the market, which is of such good-value and absorbing.
on 11 May 2010
This book so laid out well, so you can find what your looking for with ease. It shows yo a first, second and final draft of a script to show and give examples of how yo can progress your script - a great use to someone who has never done one before - and even to someone who has! It has sections of what things mean, so if there is anything your unsure of, you don't have to read half a book to find out what it is your looking for, its right there ready for you with no messing about. Without a doubt one of the best books for those who struggle to start a script, or who are doing an assignment on screenwriting. Even for those times when you can't quie remember what something means, this is your dictionary for screenwriting. Well worth it, 10/10!!
on 27 June 2015
good intro to the subject, laid out in logical fashion