5.0 out of 5 stars Basics Illustration: Text and Image
Published on 17 Aug 2010 by Ro5ie

2.0 out of 5 stars More Lists!
Yes, in this installment of the basics of illustration you get more lists of sub areas of headings for you to go and follow up with more research and help. So not really as useful as a more technical guide to illustration.

Published on 26 Jun 2009 by Abacinated

5.0 out of 5 stars Basics Illustration: Text and Image, 17 Aug 2010
This review is from: Basics Illustration 03: Text and Image (Paperback)
This book is such a useful tool for any illustrator. Although not a technical guide, the projects are a great base to start from. I love having this book on my shelf as a title I can go back to for ideas and sources. I followed this title with Illustration by Alan Male, which supplemented this title once I had a slightly better grounding in illustration. I loved the selection of illustrations in the book, and found them truly inspirational. The book provides a broad spectrum from the whimsical to the oblique; with a useful glossary, illustration dialogues, reference material and easy-to-read text, ensuring the utility of this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars More Lists!, 26 Jun 2009
This review is from: Basics Illustration 03: Text and Image (Paperback)

very good I imagine for those new to illustration and in need of cunnning ideas to make their work stand out as, once again there's a vast array of excellent examples of artist's work beautifuly laid out with a fair number of interesting "in their own words".

The project ideas are good and could be a good tool to get past a lack of inspiration for peoples own work.

Basics Illustration 03: Text and Image
Basics Illustration 03: Text and Image by Mark 'Wigan' Williams (Paperback - 31 Dec 2007)
17.95