5.0 out of 5 stars Solid practical advice, 23 Mar 2011
S. D. Spicer (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Fundamentals of Illustration (Paperback)
I was an Illustrator for a few years, drifted off into other work for many years and decided to return to the profession. Unfortunately, as you may know already, knowledgable, helpful, advice either in an Art School setting or out there in the world is thin on the ground. If you're in that position, then buy this book.

This book covers both the why, the aethetic, the how, technique, and most importantly if you're anywhere near having sorted the first two; how to market yourself. There is tons of practical advice on portfolios, presenting - and it's all delivered from a professional point of view and it rings true.

This is not a book for sunday painters. This is a book for the professional and the aspiring professional and I can't recommend it more highly. Oh, and if you're saying "yeah..." google me.

5.0 out of 5 stars informative read, 6 Oct 2007
Ms. S. V. Boven "Sarah" (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
As an new Illustration student I have found this book a brilliant reference. It is jam packed with interviews with illustrators from every field and work by these illustrators and many many more. It is full of useful legal tips, info on how to prepare a good portfolio and general background on illustration. Facinating for any illustrator studying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything a designer could need to know!, 27 Mar 2007
Ms. B. H. Cave "Briony Cave" (Isle of Wight) - See all my reviews
This book is brilliant. It tells you everything you need to know from good communication to final print. As a student it has helped with ideas in generation from start to finish. So many handy tips too. A must have for any designer.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING BOOK, 27 Jan 2006
I read this from cover to cover, couldn't put it down. Packed with helpful information, fantastic full colour images (who wants to see an illustration or design book in black and white?), I would recommend this book to anyone interested in this kind of work - or indeed to those already in the illustration/design business!

5.0 out of 5 stars professional, 5 Feb 2014
A very useful indeed - it covers off everything you need to know really, there's literally a gem of advice on every page.

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful book providing an overview of the basics., 22 Jun 2013
I wanted a book that provided me with an overview of the illustration process as I am considering studying it as an option in my creative arts degree. It does provide a good understanding of the subject, and I also like the way that it is structured graphically - using box outs and diagrams which add interest and it is actually a very lovely book to look at. For me, as I am a very visual person, the pictures and structure really helps me to learn and keep me motivated. It gave me what I needed - an overview of the subject. However, if you already have studied illustration and are a professional I am not sure how much this book will offer you- hence 4 stars rather than 5.

The Fundamentals of Illustration
The Fundamentals of Illustration by Crush (Paperback - 10 Oct 2005)
Used & New from: £16.64