Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on 29 March 2011
As an explorer myself, I've wanted a look at this book for quite a long time.

The final product isn't quite as good as I'd hoped in terms of photographic quality, but still very much worth a look through, especially considering it's so cheap. Many sites I'd never heard of as well as those that I had, which was a pleasant surprise. Such a shame a lot of them no longer exist.

The only real downside to the book is the terrible text written alongside the photographs for each site. Poetic nonsense instead of actual information seems like an obviously poor choice for a book about urban exploration, but that's what we're given. Very little factual information is given, which is very disappointing.

One final point. Considering that many sites only contain 4 or 5 pictures each, the number of blank pages within this book is completely inexcusable. There's one after almost every different location.

Thankfully, the locations themselves mostly make up for the book's shortcomings.

For an alternative, I would strongly recommend Abandoned Places 2, by Henk van Rensbergen http://www.amazon.co.uk/Abandoned-Places-Henk-van-Rensbergen/dp/9020990837/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1302799471&sr=1-1
on 22 April 2011
Not quite what I expected, lots of pictures from around europe of places I have never heard of. Good quality photographs though. Looked at only once!