5.0 out of 5 stars Discover the city you thought you knew...
Published on 25 May 2009 by Farwriter

3.0 out of 5 stars Good
Its good, however I was expecting a little bit more to be honest and you have to get an appointment for loads of the places there.
Published 10 months ago by shirayukihime

5.0 out of 5 stars Discover the city you thought you knew..., 25 May 2009
This review is from: Secret London - an Unusual Guide (Jonglez Guides) (Paperback)
This is the sort of book I've been waiting for for years. Whether you live in London or are just visiting for a short time, there will be something to delight you here. Forget all the usual tourist attractions and discover little-known museums, architectural gems, hidden oddities, and many snippets of fascinating trivia about the weird and wonderful history of the city. It will make you wander the streets looking at things with frsh eyes, and will make you determined to visit practically every place mentioned. I immediately bought a further three copies to distribute to friends and family! Completely brilliant.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and unusual choices, 3 April 2011
I bought this for a friend who was moving to London to live but hadn't much money, so thought she could get more out of London for free. Having seen it, I then bought myself a copy. Divided into areas, there's an unusual choices of museums, buildings and street furniture, ranging from the smallest police station, to the traffic light tree, a bingo hall with glamorous surroundings and various gardens and cemeteries. There is something for everyone and not all are charged for. It also gives you a potted historical background where necessary or other sites to see nearby on other pages and all are plotted out on maps to aid planning. Includes unusual diners and an alphabetical index.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but prices are out of date, 17 Jan 2012
D. O'Reilly "Dom O'Reilly" (West London, forever) - See all my reviews
I've lived in London most of my life and always tried hard to see out of the way places. Even so, I found plenty of new ones in here. It's an excellent book with a great variety of attractions.

It would have got five stars were it not for the fact that a lot of the prices are out of date. Best to check before you go.

I would still recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating bite sized and quirky, 12 April 2010
This is a great little book which will open your eyes to the streets around London. I now find myself scanning the streets for bits of history in the oddest of places. Thoroughly enjoyable. My only critisism is that I came across not one but several obvious proof reading errors.

5.0 out of 5 stars FASCINATING!, 3 Jan 2010
J. Sims "bin crazy" (Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this little book as a present but before I wrapped it, I decided to glance at it myself. Well, I found is so interesting I couldn't stop reading - although I did eventually. It's full of truly interesting snippets, but not so long that it's overwhelming. I would thoroughly recommend this handy little book even if you thought you knew London. It mentions loads of unusual places to visit and it's not at all stuffy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A joyful find on every page, 20 Nov 2009
R. Frensham "Ray Frensham" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Ideal present (I've had two other friends who want copies, having seen mine).

This is a handy-sized gem of a book. I've lived in london over 50 years and there was plenty in this book that was new to me.
Strongly recommended for the curious. You can read it at length or just dip into it, one random page at a time. Endless joys.

4.0 out of 5 stars London's secrets revealed!, 10 Jan 2011
L. Bissett (TX United States) - See all my reviews
"Secret London - an Unusual Guide" by Rachel Howard is a fun read, even if you are not planning to visit London. The range of venues is varied enough that everyone should be able to find several of these unusual and out-of-the-way spots worth visiting. Especially helpful are the inclusion of entrance fees (although many places are free) and references to the Tube stations closest to each location. My one reservation is that the binding of the book makes using the maps a bit difficult. But this is definitely a book I'll carry the next time I cross the pond!

5.0 out of 5 stars Secret London - an Unusual Guide, 13 Dec 2012
Bought as a present, which is much used by the recipient, who lives in London. A fascinating look into London's less well-known attractions. I have used it a lot when visiting and enjoyed some interesting experiences.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fascinating Guide, 15 Nov 2011
This book is one that you should have with you whenever you go to London. It is full of interesting places to visit, off the beaten track. Some are beautiful, others quirky and yet others curious. All form part of the tapestry that is the history of this wonderful city and its inhabitants over the ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Oct 2009
Gilda Maurice "bookfiend" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I've been living in London for 10 years and I didn't know about half the places listed here - excellent book full of quirky ideas for days out. I would definitely recommend!

Secret London - an Unusual Guide (Jonglez Guides)
Secret London - an Unusual Guide (Jonglez Guides) by Bill Nash (Paperback - 28 Feb 2009)