4.0 out of 5 stars Nice tutorials and good art galleries, 13 Feb 2009
Parka (Singapore) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Vector Graphics and Illustration: A Master Class in Digital Image-making (Paperback)
Length:: 0:18 Mins

This book is in a way very similar to the Illustrator Wow series of books. There are tutorials and artist galleries.

The tutorials are short and each dedicated to a specific function of the software, in this case Adobe Illustrator. They are well captioned, easy to follow and learn. This book is a good supplement if you're learning the software from the manual or just starting out.

The artist galleries feature beautiful illustrations done vector-style. It really shows the capabilities and unique features of vector art well.

This book is great for beginners.

I still prefer the Illustrator WOW series because they pack in a lot more stuff. I would give the Illustrator WOW series 5-stars so I can't give it one here. But at least the price for this book is also lower.

Visit my Amazon profile for more reviews.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good starter book, 6 Aug 2010
I would have to say that I really like this book. If you are starting out with vector graphics it is very easy to follow and learn from. If you already know vector graphic programs well then I would look for something a bit more indepth. I bought this book and another book and found that this was great as a first book and helped me to understand the more complicated book afterwards.

4.0 out of 5 stars For Vector fans everywhere.., 23 April 2009
As a freelance illustrator who loves Vector art this is a really great book. Lots of artist profiles and full colour pics. Shows that vector art does not have to be simple and flat.Good tips and diagrams. Worth a buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 April 2013
This arrived 'second hand' but absolutely immaculate. I got it for 10 pounds so my cost: enjoyment ratio must be considered in my 5 star rating but I think it's a v good book. I'm teaching myself Adobe creative package (an uphill battle as it is the opposite of intuitive if Office programmes and Google sketchup are all you've previously conquered). I got tired of YouTube videos so bought a book. I'm v pleased with it as a proper grounding/ background( but still learn more from YouTube day to day, as I can find the answer to all my stupid questions ... This book assumes a little less stupidity... In fact none, re: how to use the tools ie make them work at all, not just ' do great stuff with them') Good book for me though, more solid than bitty YouTube tutorials.

Vector Graphics and Illustration: A Master Class in Digital Image-making