on 7 July 2015
I have a holiday planned for later this summer to Norway and have been trying to learn a little of the local lingo.
I have several phrase books which are all reasonable but not a patch on this one which dates from the late 1980s, if I recall correctly.

The newer versions concentrate on giving you stock phrases to use, but don't give much idea of how the language is formed. I'm a bit 'old school' and prefer a proper setting out of the grammar etc, though.
It covers most things that you might need help with - things like at the airport, customs and passport control, as well as shopping and social interactions with the locals.
on 28 October 2013
A well arranged phrase book, though I often find myself using it in conjunction with a dictionary to expand on the phrases or find exact translations for root words. A worthy nominee for your consideration if you are seeking a phrase book.
on 19 February 2012
Just what I wanted as I come into contact with some Norwegian people who cannot speak English. Also, I cannot speak Norwegian; not yet !!