In the Spirit of Capri
Price:£32.00+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

My quest to discover the pefect Capri book is not yet over - I may even have to write it myself (if only the funds to spend the time necessary there to do the research were available), but for now, this will do.

This volume is the best-balanced book I've seen yet on Capri, covering the history, the jet-setting society days and the present, illustrated with great photographs, predominantly in colour. It's not as good as going there, of course, but what is? But if you've been and are enchanted by the Siren Island, don't hesitate and just purchase it.

This is an elegantly presented book and essential for the Capri-ite. I just wish the format were a little larger.

If you buy just one book on Capri, other than the out of print gold guide (see my Listmania list about books focusing on Capri), go for this one.

Ciao, baby. I'll see you at the Piazetta....
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 9 January 2014
Don't waste your money. It is someone's idea of celebrity name-dropping. The book was peppered with old papps photos of Capri thru the ages and comments about the island from Anonymous to Who-the-hell-are-these-people Z-listers.

Best to google images of Capri at least it's free. If you want comments, go to Lonely planet or Tripadvisor.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again