Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now

Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

on 8 March 2010
I think Amazon could have highlighted the fact that the book is not in written in English. I thought it was written in French but had been translated for English readers. My mistake, but based on the other reviews I am not the only one who got caught out.
Bought to give as a present for my Mum on Mother's day, I guess I will have to buy her something else now....maybe a book on how to read French!
11 comment45 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 March 2010
I also ordered this in error. It was not clear that it was written in french. A waste of money
0Comment28 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 March 2010
It is not evident that this book is not in English and therefore a complete waste of money as far as I am concerned amazon should state that it is in French.
0Comment22 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 January 2012
This is the french version of a book that was originally written in English under the title "Almost Heaven". I read both versions but I preferred the original. It's one of the best historical romance that I've read and you don't want to miss it. If you don't read french, you should get the English version..
on 17 June 2010
If only I'd read the reviews before ordering!!!

Shame Amazon hasn't read them either and changed the description / blurb to says the book is in French...
on 26 August 2010
I was most disappointed when I received this book!!!! When I ordered it I thought Great this a book I have not read. Then I found out that it was written in French which is not made clear on the site. So this purchase was an utter waste of time and money!! Please make it VERY clear on ordering.
on 17 August 2010
Le mot qui me vient pour ce livre est: merveilleux.
Ce livre m'a tout simplement transporté pendant plusieurs heures.
Judith McNaught a ce don de nous immerger complètement dans cette histoire à tel point qu'il est impossible d'en ressortir avant d'avoir tourné la dernière page. Résultat: 8h d'évasion et de pur bonheur et une quasi nuit blanche mais sans aucun regret!
L'héroïne issue de l'aristocratie est une femme remarquable, fière, impulsive et surtout courageuse. Après s'être compromise avec notre héros, elle va se retrouver au banc de la société, en plus de voir son frère disparaître la laissant criblée de dettes et à la merci d'un oncle méprisant et sans pitié.
Notre héros "un roturier" est un homme dur, arrogant, fier et impitoyable qui méprise cette aristocratie avec ses principes hypocrites et celle ci le lui rend bien!
Suite à un malentendu il abandonnera notre héroïne la laissant seule pour faire face à l'opprobre de la société mais sans le savoir.
Lorsqu'il découvrira tout ce qu'elle aura enduré de par sa faute on verra alors un homme courageux avec des principes et prêt à tout pour protéger celle qu'il aime....
Ce roman se dévore: l'histoire est prenante, pleine de rebondissement. Les héros fort et courageux mais surtout fiers, la description des sentiments merveilleuse et une fin très émouvante!
Bref pour toutes celles qui aime les livres de la collection "Aventures et Passion' celui ci est un des meilleurs!...
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 July 2010
Contrary to some of the other reviews i bought this book because it was in French and i am fluent at French. I thought i was not really fair to rate the book badly because you couldn't actually read the language !
This story is about love as you would expect of a romantic novel. The heroes are very well depicted and you soon feel attached to them. Basic story of two people who meet at a ball and are straighaway attracted by each other but there is more to it than that. Some misunderstanding draw them apart till they have to meet again.
Strangely enough the book starts by a sort of "auction" of the heroine whose Uncle tries to obtain the best monetary deal out of his niece. Consequently two peolpe who think they have nothing in common left have to live together for some time. And then you get surprises after surprises as the plot unfolds and when you think nothing else can draw them apart then there is another challenge they have to go through. You are never bored and although you know the ending is positive you keep wondering where the author is leading you next. So i thought it was great in its own category : romantic novel.
on 27 February 2010
I cannot review this item because I cannot speak or read French. I ordered it in error. I have since disposed of it and as a result would like you to remove my name from any further notifications of books written in French, or in any other foreign language. I shall of course continue to order books written in English.
on 31 October 2013
I am very angry about this as it is written in french, i do't read french and when i asked someone to translate a few lines i found that this is another title for a book i have already have i think you ever sold this probably knew this
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse