5.0 out of 5 stars Very readable and good for my French

Published on 23 Nov. 2003 by Nellyes

5.0 out of 5 stars Very readable and good for my French, 7 Mar. 2012
Doc Barbara (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Bridget Jones needs no introduction to the English reader but I bought this to help me develop a more colloquial and up-to-date French. It did that and was so amusing en route! I recorded it onto a digital voice recorder along with comments on the grammar and some vocabulary and I listen to it in the gym or out walking. It does capture Bridget's verbless sentences.but that is, after all, how people speak. I do think BJ is a marvellous character and much less simple than one thought at first. Her whole outlook is endearing and so I can listen to my recording many times.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... sceptical about the quality but on arrival it was fine, still decent and legible and very good value ..., 7 Jan. 2015
This was a used copy so I was sceptical about the quality but on arrival it was fine, still decent and legible and very good value for money. Also a great read!

1.0 out of 5 stars dissapointing in French, 23 Nov. 2003
Nellyes "{Traditionnal U2 fan}" (quelque part en Provence...) - See all my reviews
It was offered to me as I was doing my first year of English in University of Aix, come on people I can read in English now but as I did not want to hurt grandma I read it but by Christmas I had read the Brit version and I must say it was way better though I'm a real French with an accent and all!! So I bought the sequel before granny went to the stores again... then the guide (...) then Olivia and the diary is my favorite...
read it if you haven't done it yet

Journal de Bridget Jones (Le) (Romans, Nouvelles, Recits (Domaine Etranger))