5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 April 2012
I'm currently doing A level French and am easily making my way through the Harry Potter series in French, loving it as I go. Having not read the English version for about 10 years, I'm enjoying this for the story as much as anything else! Would recommend that the best way to read it (regardless of the language you buy it in) is to not read it alongside the English version - I am seeing it as a book in its own right; and that way you don't get caught up in whether it's translated perfectly or not. Excellent for your grammar mainly; learning nuances that you would not otherwise come across in French lessons is obviously going to take place when reading any text. People sometimes complain these books are in the past historic, however that is obvious - it's a tense used when writing novels etc. and it is extremely easy to recognise the verb each conjugation comes from. If nothing else, it helps to build up a natural command of French; applying everything you learn in lessons to something a lot more rounded and concrete + I certainly feel that the smaller things of the language, e.g. 'do I used d'autres or des autres here?' are coming without thinking because of having read so much. Very good idea to consolidate this with watching the films in French too ;) (Mainly so you remember how to pronounce Hermione the French way!)

Personally I prefer the older covers of these books (borrowed the Philosopher's Stone from my college library to read in French first and that was a 2007 version so slightly disappointing to have to enter into the new collection) but it's still also a nice book altogether.

4.0 out of 5 stars Harry in French! oui!, 13 Jan 2010
I bought the first four of these Harry Potter series for my daughter who had just taken her GCSE French. She loved the idea of re-reading these books in French and managed to read all of them. She said it was a challenge to her GCSE French but reading them over the summer holidays it kept her in touch with preparations for her AS French. So why not take up the challenge and read the french version..I wish more of general teen books were available in French in the school libraries.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant French version of The Chamber Secrets, 6 July 2010
A. Barney "Barnaldo" (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
A brilliant French version of The Chamber Secrets. I bought Harry Potter et l'école des sorciers (the philosophers stone) from here, and just like that one the book is nicely presented and not too difficult to read. Though there are a few words and phrases that I don't fully understand (I'm doing French A level) the majority of the book is fine and pleasing to read, even some of J.K Rowlings' signature humour is not lost with the French version and the translation does it justice.

5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb book, 30 Dec 2009
J. Walkley (UK) - See all my reviews
Reading this book as I am learning French. I definitely do not have a French reading age of a 9 year old, closer to a 4 yr old at the moment, but I have read the stories in English so I can follow them quite easily. However I am starting to understand more and more words on the page.

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints here, 23 Aug 2013
Absolutely nothing I can complain about with this product. It's great for helping with language learning, arrived very quickly and was in perfect condition.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun way to practice French, 7 Dec 2010
S. P. Watts (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Harry Potter Et La Chambre Des Secrets (Folio junior) (Paperback)
Bought this as a fun alternative for our children to practice reading French. They were certainly more interested to read this than the books from school.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never Read anything like it, 27 Jan 2001
Cor, Harry Potter, worth spending thousands for this book. With wit, suspense and breath taking adventures this book is the best book I've ever read, and I've about 2,000 in my time. I was glued to my seat and was reading alnight. I highly recommed this book to anyone.

Harry Potter Et La Chambre Des Secrets (Folio junior)
Harry Potter Et La Chambre Des Secrets (Folio junior) by J. K. Rowling (Paperback - 1 Sep 1999)
Used & New from: 0.01