5.0 out of 5 stars Touring in France, towing a 26 foot long caravan.
This map book looks ideal. We'll be able to draw routes onto the appropriate page and keep or erase them as we want. Should tie in well with the sat-nav as we'll 'pre-run' the route then draw it in the book. That way, should we encounter any problems as we drive along we should be ableto find a way round easily.
Published 11 months ago by Frosty

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to use.
I find it difficult to use as everywhere I want to go seems to be on the very edge of the page. Because its spiral bound the pages do not align very well so its difficult to follow a route from page to page
Published 3 months ago by Baggins

5.0 out of 5 stars Touring in France, towing a 26 foot long caravan., 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: France 2014 Laminated A4 Spiral Atlas (Michelin Tourist and Motoring Atlases) (Spiral-bound)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good atlas, 28 May 2014
David P (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Busy getting ready for another French hol, not been for 2-3 years, got the trusty old Michelin spiral bound atlas out, EEK it's from 2004! I think 10 years old is time for an update.

I was about to order the same thing again, and then read some reviews saying how the latest ones are printed on much thinner paper than the older ones were, and how easily pages tear or rip out. Then I found this laminated version for only a few quid more. It should last us another 10 years so well worth it. Having a spiral binding instead of a normal book makes it so much easier to deal with navigating on the move.

As this is laminated, as well as making the pages stronger there is much talk of being able to write on it and draw routes and then rub them out afterwards, but nothing says what with. Felt pens? Marker pens? Need to do some testing...

Great atlas though.

UPDATE: Having used this on our recent trip, I am knocking a star off. We had not noticed before, but the scale on this is slightly smaller than the old one it replaced - it's 2.5km to 1cm, or about 6.35km to the inch, if your brain works that way! It's fine for long distance route planning, but a little lacking on finer detail for skirting around towns on smaller roads. The old one was 2km to 1cm, which may not sound like much difference but it really is. Pity, because quality-wise it's great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Touring France, 15 Mar 2014
I was going to buy the paper spiral map, but after reading the reviews about how thin the paper is, I found this laminated version. It's very easy to read and I can use a felt tip pen to highlight our route! I will need to improve my French to read some of the information in the map, but it is Michelin after all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Re-usable visual route planning, 25 Mar 2014
Mr. A. Q. Kopp (UK) - See all my reviews
Michelin maps are always clear and complete.

By laminating the pages they have given the opportunity to mark (and be able to simply erase) your route to enable a passenger to help with planned but complex routes without difficulty.

For those who love maps and do not use sat nav this is excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars These are good., 14 Mar 2014
You pay a little more for the laminated version but it is worth it when "someone" spills drinks or leaves the car window open when it's raining. Just wipe it off. These maps are very clear and full of information so it's virtually impossible to get lost ( unless following satnav :-) )

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant atlas, 6 Mar 2014
The atlas arrived promptly and in excellent condition. It is a dream to use as the references and symbols are clear and really easy to follow.

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to use., 20 Aug 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars The overlap at page edges was good. The size of the atlas meant I could ..., 26 Sep 2014
I chose the laminated version so I could put stickers on campsites, places to visit and way-points, and be able to remove them when necessary. And that was very successful. The overlap at page edges was good. The size of the atlas meant I could keep it comfortably on my lap when navigating. However, for route planning it would have been useful to have maybe two, three or four overview maps covering the whole of France. Or a folded pull out map of the whole of France. The map in the front was good, but not big enough. Next time I'll probably buy or make my own, as that was what I missed. Overall a great atlas and worth getting the laminated version.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy map reader, 13 Aug 2014
Certainly worth going for the laminated pages version as more durable and spiral bound is a must. Up to date and accurate with all that you would expect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Map, 3 Jan 2014
This atlas is very good, spirL binding makes it easy to use.
Laminate pages are tough and easy to keep clean on a journey

France 2014 Laminated A4 Spiral Atlas (Michelin Tourist and Motoring Atlases)
France 2014 Laminated A4 Spiral Atlas (Michelin Tourist and Motoring Atlases) by Michelin Maps & Guides (Spiral-bound - 5 Nov 2013)
Used & New from: £18.37