on 9 March 2014
The only thing that stops me giving this a five star rating is that it has very flimsy pages and the last four years I have had to buy another one every year because the pages either tare or the binding comes away from the pages with frequent use (we go to France three times a year)
It's great for driving in France but why don't Michelin make the pages a bit more durable!!!
on 3 April 2014
Won't last our holiday as the paper is very thin and will easily tear and rip. Shame as you usually get better quality map books.
on 4 April 2014
Clear presentation and plenty of useful detail. My only concerns are the plastic spiral binding which I think may break in time, and also with the large number of pages and the weight of the atlas, its easy to tear a page in use. Overall, very good value for money.
on 29 November 2013
I love the mitchelin maps and have 2005 and 2007 versions and they were bound with a thick spiral coil but the new version is thin and already I am rethreading it after only looking at it in the house. How it performs whilst travelling is not going to be good. Obviously they are saving money on bindings.
on 3 June 2014
Good value for money, book was A4 and not bigger as indicated in some other reviews. My only complaint would be that the paper is very thin and I do not think the plastic spral will last that long.
on 7 July 2014
Good, clear map. Would only buy Michelin maps for France and the rest of Europe. However, this map will only last me a couple of trips, as the pages are soooooooo thin! My last ring bound Michelin map has just fallen apart and I expect this one to do the same. You can buy one with laminated pages but it is a different scale. Come on, Michelin, please publish a laminated route map at scale 1cm = 2km.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 24 August 2014
As usual the Michelin Spiral Atlas of Frnace is THE one to get. It is in a decent scale so you can visit all of those small towns and villages which make France so special but not too cumbersome to have in the car (I'm not sure I would carry this around with me if I was on a bike, motorbike or on the train though!)

The scale is 1: 200,000 which is 1cm = 2km or 1 inch to 3.16 miles. this is my preferred scale to get the best compromise combination of detail with size for an atlas to have in the car.

All of the usual symbols are there to help you find places to visit - such as chateaux, religious buildings, historic houses, caves, windmills, airports etc

In the back are a number of mps in greater detail of the cities and environs - not jjust Paris but a host of otehrs including Marseille, Nice, MetzAngers, Le Havre, Len Mans, Rouen, Poitiers etc

All fully indexeed of course!

The only thing I probably regret is not gettingthe A3 version this time as you have more of any particular area laid out in front of you at any one time. Still a thing of beauty (if you are amap-fan liek me that is!)
on 26 May 2014
This is a very clear road map which is easy to read. Being spiral bound the pages are easier to read in the centre than with a conventional map.
on 21 May 2014
A great product. I have had Michelin maps before and they have always been top class, as is this one. The price was excellent and after having seen some of the shop prices this is a bargain. Top quality.
on 15 September 2014
Delighted with this map book and it absolutely saved our bacon when we were stuck in a 30km tailback for the World Equestrian Games in Normandy! Thanks to the detailed (and accurate) maps, we were able to make a detour down tiny country roads and bypass the problem - even outsmarting plenty of French drivers! I would point out, in reference to some of the negative comments about the thinness of the pages, if the pages were any thicker paper the book would be enormous and impractically heavy. When treated with just a little care and respect, the paper is quite thick enough and the pages do not 'fall out'!