on 3 January 2014
I have used the Michelin Road Atlas of France for many years and have always found it clear, straightforward and easy to use. I personally like the large A3 format as it shows a large area on each page - but without losing the detail. Although I use a sat nav, I always follow where we are going on a map - because sat navs sometimes let you down! My last edition of the Michelin Map of France was getting a bit dog eared, so invested in a new one. It was money well spent.
on 2 October 2014
This is a very detailed atlas which appears to show every road in France down to single track country lanes. I could not fault the quality of information shown on the map. It shows all services on autoroutes and a number of petrol stations on main roads in addition to a wide variety of points of interest and sights. The atlas also contains several useful overview maps and more detailed town maps.
The only criticism of the atlas is it's size and construction. The paper is fairly lightweight and thin and the pages tend to slip off wire binding of the atlas, this may also be made worse by the A3 format size of the pages. However this is a result of having the advantages of such a large scale, large format detailed atlas.
on 20 January 2014
Having used Michelin Maps for many years I had no doubts about this road atlas. The detail is second to none and the quality of the printed product makes for a road atlas that sets the standard for all the others to follow.
VINE VOICEon 2 January 2014
Very handy to have if you're driving in France. Nice, big and easy to read with lots of detail and useful information. Being spiral bound, it stays tidy too - no loose pages through bending the spine back !
on 14 March 2014
I bought this to replace a copy I bought in 2010 so I had an up to date record of new roads and amenities as we travel to France on a regular basis. This particular guide is very informative and the spiral construction makes it easy to read. Although we have a Sat Nav this is a good back up and makes planning a journey a lot easier.
on 8 March 2014
The map sheets are fine, road numbering occasionally could be clearer. The paper seems quite thin, and I'm turning pages carefully. We'll see how it fares when we are using it en route in the car.....
on 21 April 2014
Very useful when touring France - the campsites are published in another separate atlas which is a pity since it takes up space.
on 25 April 2014
I bought the A3 version of the guide because the reviews of the smaller ones say that it is difficult to read without a magnifying glass. In hindsight I would have bought a pocket guide and a good magnifying glass. This is so big and ring bound so very difficult to manage. It is slippery and slides off of your lap. It also produces tiny bits of paper from the hole punches where the ring binder is so the car looked like it was covered in dandruff. Where the pages pull against the binder I also feel that they will tear quickly. Not my best purchase ever, but it did get us where we needed to go. My advice, buy a small one!
on 5 April 2015
too large to comfortably use in car and spiral bind always in way so recommend bound, smaller A4 version
on 6 September 2014
Nice and clear, helpful for looking at days out. Yeah it's a large map, but it's size can have its uses