5.0 out of 5 stars Motoring atlas of France
Best scale atlas I could find. Clear mapping with lots of features and spiralbound so can be opened fully at any page.
Published 19 months ago by Kevin Wormley

3.0 out of 5 stars Good and not so good?
This latest atlas is great on detail and very comprehensive. However, compared to the AA version which I have purchased in previous years the pages are very flimsy and as it is spiral bound it doesn't feel like it will last very long before the pages start to fray and tear. Better quality and a few more pounds on the price would be well worth while
Published 19 months ago by colin

5.0 out of 5 stars Motoring atlas of France, 17 Dec 2012
Kevin Wormley (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: France 2013 (Michelin tourist & motoring atlas - A4 spiral) (Michelin Tourist and Motoring Atlases) (Spiral-bound)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 10 Mar 2013
Very good maps, as usual. Not sure how the rather thin paper will stand up to frequent use, especially in this ring binder format.

4.0 out of 5 stars france road atlas, 10 Mar 2013
PeterW (Kingdom of Fife) - See all my reviews
classic guide to driving in France. Never fails. I have been buying this every year for the last 5 years which is worth doing as investment in the French road building programme is considerable and cheaper than sat nav updates.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good and not so good?, 5 Jan 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Small format road map, 20 April 2014
Mrs. M. E. Clarke (Guildford UK) - See all my reviews
In fact I had to send this back - the delivery time was long, and we had already gone to France. When I looked at it, I reckoned I would not have enjoyed using it, as the format meant that little was covered on each page. You would be better buying the Michelin map covering the whole of France and then large-scale maps of the individual areas.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible!, 9 Feb 2014
How can a map be terrible? Somehow, this one can!! So difficult to plan a route as the pages cover too much detail. Travel over 50km and you've probably had to look at 6+ pages. On top of that, the roads all seem to have about 3 numbers each. We were France novices, and it showed with this map! Thank goodness for google maps

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better, 17 Oct 2013
I bought this book of maps to replace the one which I have had for years(decades). It had a lot to live up to and having seen some critical reviews I was prepared to not be impressed. Having use the new map to navigate down through France on the smaller roads through tiny villages, as we like to do, and return on the Nation Routes I gave it a good test.
The small pages and spiral binding were a benefit as the map does not sprawl over your lap and beyond. The detail is as good as the old style. Thinner paper, while seeming fragile, keeps the weight down. Extra route planning pages were very helpful with the smaller amount on each map page. I think there were also extra city maps too. The one thing I did to the book which I think would be an improvement was to make an extra fold about 1 cm from the fold on the card cover, front and back. This I used as a place holder which also protected the pages. All in all a good buy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Covers are shoddy, 15 Oct 2013
The maps are ok for photo reproduced maps but they lack the sharpness of printed maps. The book itself is shoddy. Despite careful treatment both front and back cover fell off within a few uses of the mapbook. Would happily pay more for a better produced version of this and I would especially like one with sturdy covers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Who needs a SATNAV, 27 Sep 2013
I spent three weeks traveling around France this Summer and thanks to this road atlas I made it home again.
It is a really good size...big enough to see enough detail on each page but not too big (like some) to be awkward.
I am so glad I bought this, it includes additional detail maps and info on all the main cities which I was passing through and allowed me to plan my way around without always using the toll roads.
One word of caution...sometimes there are toll charges on roads where the map suggest it should be toll free...even so it is the perfect atlas for a trip to France!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Sep 2013
M. Adams "The Real Picture" (Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
Just picking up this atlas made me feel like I was in France. Love the binding style - no more annoying page creases in the wrong place. I miss a hard cover but overall, excellent mapping and indexing. Great job as usual from Michelin, the masters.