on 25 June 2013
This year it has a soft cover and the 2000 odd pages are thinner than before. Should be no problem, but unfortunately the binding Michelin have chosen means that it is no longer possible to open the book at a specific page and lay it flat. (Other reviewers have commented in a similar vein). Since we use this mainly in the car, this is a significant shortcoming, and I would pay a pound or two more for a hardback copy.
The content is as good and reliable as ever, and the maps are clear even on such very thin paper. Whilst I accept that with the advent of web access via mobile devices the demand for hard copy guides is bound to diminish, I still regard this as a very useful purchase before embarking on unplanned tours through France. Amazon delivery was prompt, and the price delivered to my front door was less than half what it would have cost had I bought it in a French supermarket!
on 7 July 2013
Ideally I would buy a new guide each year to keep up to date with changes to the recommendations, but considering the limited number of times it is used and the limited areas I need covered, this makes no economic sense. The availability of pre-used guides changes this, and I am very pleased with the savings achieved.
on 9 April 2013
The Michelin Guide for France is a must for all those travelling in France by car. It covers the majority of hotels and restaurants throughout the country and gives a very good view of the type of establishment by a series of symbols which are easy to follow.
It is updated each year.
on 11 April 2013
The content remains "sans pareil" but this year's edition is printed on something similar to rice paper. We can all use the internet when at home, the Guide Michelin is for travel and I doubt this edition will last long in the car or suitcase.
on 14 March 2013
I have been buying the Michelin red guide to France from time to time since the 1970s, and have just received the 2013 edition. I realise that I should have spotted this when I ordered it, but I am amazed to find that the guide is now a paperback. This is totally unsatisfactory, not least because the book will not open flat; also, the very thin paper used (to which I have no objection per se) needs the support of a hardcover, and I don't see the paperback surviving a year of kicking about in the back of the car. If a book is published in such an impractical form, the value of the contents is greatly reduced.

I shall have to find an alternative guide with a satisfactory binding for future years, and I suspect I shall not be alone.
on 18 August 2013
You can always rely on this Guide and it doesn't just contain the 'posh' hotels, there are some very acceptable economic hotels in their 'bib' range
on 7 April 2013
As helpful as ever. The 2013 edition shows how important it is to get this Guide every year. Published a little late this year !
on 21 April 2013
Essential for any regular visitor to France who needs town plans, hotels or restaurants. Keep it in the car when travelling.
on 29 July 2013
I have had several earlier versions of this guide and this is just as good - much is in french but is simple to understand
on 18 March 2013
In most respects this is an excellent guide to the hotels and restaurants of France but beware if you are not fluent in French. I was quite excited to read on Amazon that the language of this edition is English and I thought Michelin had been sensible enough this year to produce an English version, as I believe they did some years ago. However, there are only 10 pages of introduction and explanation in English followed by more than 2000 others in French, so about 0.5% of the book is in English. A clear breach of trades description regulations. For this reason I have given the book, otherwise worthy of 4 stars, a lowly 2.