5.0 out of 5 stars Easy-to-read / everything I need for my trip...
I have been searching everywhere for a guide or map that shows me the route from Calais or Dunkirk up to Rotterdam. This is the only one that shows me all I need. The text and roads are clear, and beats all other maps and books I've seen. Great buy!
Published on 21 Jun 2009 by Neil Greatorex

2.0 out of 5 stars Big scale but disappointing detail
The mapping is OK but for the scale of 1 : 150 000 I'd expect more detailed mapping.

Published on 19 July 2010 by DRM - catch it, kill it, bin it

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy-to-read / everything I need for my trip..., 21 Jun 2009
This review is from: Road Atlas Benelux and N. France (Michelin Tourist & Motoring Atlases) (Michelin Tourist and Motoring Atlases) (Spiral-bound)

2.0 out of 5 stars Big scale but disappointing detail, 19 July 2010

The generous scale is rather wasted by printing roads with broader lines, and place-names in larger type, rather than by adding more detail. By no means all minor roads are shown, though there would be space for them if the roads that are shown were printed using narrower lines.

This lack of detail is frustrating if you're trying to use it to navigate on minor / country roads. The mapping of northern France and southern Belgium, for example, is scarcely more detailed than that found in the AA Big Road Atlas France, which covers the territory at almost half the scale (1 : 280 000), yet it takes up almost twice the amount of paper - and so twice the weight / bulk / number of page-turns.

(In fact, four times the number of page turns, since it's in A4 format rather than the larger A3 used for many AA road atlases.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Atlas, 8 Oct 2009
Mrs. K. E. London (UK) - See all my reviews
My husband is a long distance European lorry driver and this atlas has become his "right hand-man" as he does not totally rely on his Sat Nav.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what we want Road Atlas, 2 Feb 2014
A good value Atlas with everything we wanted for our holiday in Northern France, Belgium and The Netherlands. Maybe the pages are a bit flimsy so might not last too long but will be suitable for us.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Map, but a little dis-organised, 16 Aug 2013
This map is exactly what i was looking for our trips to Northern France, and Belgium, with plenty of tourist activities and scenic routes marked on the map.
My main criticism though is that France, Belgium and The Netherlands are separate Maps.There are no page indicators to cross the country boarders. So if you are traveling from Calais to Ghent, you jump from page 105 (France) to page 58 (Belgium)
-which given the scale (and title) of the map is almost inevitable.
There is also an European map, but at a scale of 1:3 500 000 it's just filler. The UK and most of Spain are covered on a single A4 page. The city details are again useful, but a mix of both grid reference, and alpha-numeric squares for street location, makes it unnecessary complicated.
This is still a great map and would recommend it for those short trips to the continent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Muchelin Road Atlas, 8 Oct 2009
Mr. David C. Murrian (england) - See all my reviews
Looks excellent, with detailed layout of the junctions. Should get us nicely on our journey next year

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy a satnav, 7 Dec 2013
Dr. D. G. Weston (Bradford, Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I like and use maps. This one is not clear to follow and seems idiosyncratic in its conventions of how it displays things, road numbers / names are significant example. The small size didn't help and it was too difficult to use quickly. The satnav sd card update was far more useful. Our book map is for sale!

5.0 out of 5 stars Maps, 12 Nov 2013
A really clear easy to read road map. We enjoyed using it and would recommend it for all travellers wanting to go to that part of Europe

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job!, 30 Oct 2013
S. Smith - See all my reviews
Easy to read and navigate because of the binding and large scale. Covers the regions that I needed.

Paper a little thin and could easily tear but highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Map of Benelux and N France., 12 Jun 2013
J. G. Brandon - See all my reviews
As usual the Michelin map was up to standard and were were able to use it everywhere we went in N.France and Belgium

ARRAY(0xa80c09cc)